some sheet across the track

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Re: some sheet across the track
Date: July 18, 2003 05:58PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
I already have the latest driver version 4.4.0.3.

I had the memory clock in default was clocked at 270 or something.I usd autoadjust it gave 571.

What is memory clock?And is it possible to affect anything.

In other games there is no such problems

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 19, 2003 12:31AM
Posted by: JPM
I think it has something to do with your processors. I have a laptop: celeron 900, 240mb ram, 15gb hd, 16mb Graphics Card (shared system memory), and I have the problem when too much is happening on the screen. For example I can only race against cc cars if I select two drivers and click player cars only. If I go into the pits, the sky dissappears as well as a lot of other textures. My only guess is that you must have a lot of objects to be drawn and your processor can't handle it. Try turning down the amount of trackside objects and see if that helps.

Cheers
JPM
Date: July 19, 2003 12:36AM
Actually JPM I have everything set to maximum and I lose in frame rate
I get only 16 fps

But I prefer the eyecandy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 19, 2003 05:37AM
Posted by: JPM
Try turning the trackside objects down and see if that works.

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: July 19, 2003 06:45AM
i'll try that

thanx

Date: July 19, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Try Using the 30.82 Nvidia Drivers, As these drivers are the most stable, you can find it on Nvidia's Driver Archive

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 19, 2003 08:53AM
But I don't think they support all features of the 44. 03

Date: July 19, 2003 11:44AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
I have this on my good PC but not on my old one! It happens at Mangy Cours and Montreal, but only sometimes. Some races it does, bt other times it doesn't. It almost seems to alternate for me. First race does, second doesn't, third does....

I have Dx9.0 and I have older drivers. I don't have FSAA, AA or anything on.

I don't think it happened when I first got my PC in Feb, but it was happening before I installed Dx9.0. I haven't changed any other system settings, so unless it's a Gfx driver prob, I don't think it's any other settings. It could just be one of those things that GP4 does when it doesn't like a certain set of Hardware devices being together!!!!!

Date: July 19, 2003 03:37PM
fr me it sometimes becomes normal during practice sessions.Only in race sessions I get such problem

Date: July 19, 2003 03:41PM
Posted by: Caelen
dont know if this helps but
i use multi partitions two of 98 -different drivers and one of xp.
i use 98 for games and xp for all the other ****.
i never have this problem in 98 however i use xp to preview updates etc whilst on the net and i get this especially at france. now my occupancy in xp is usually around 100 % or more whilst in 98 in never gets over 100 %
i assumed problem was caused by high occupancy or perhaps video drivers.
Date: July 19, 2003 08:56PM
Well till today from the day I posted this topic, I messed up with my video drivers everytime leading to an error.But today I did it in cool normal installation as in the manual and then updated the drivers to the detonator FX on Nvidia's website.Well except that prob all my other games work quite better namely Flanker 2.51 should shuttering problems is now gone, Wolverine's revenge, spiderman:the movie are much smoother.

Date: July 19, 2003 10:07PM
Just now I played Gp4 and now it rocks.It is so smooth.I was searching the graphic screens to see if anything was low but no the same old full max and now it runs quite smooth.I am not going to mess with my drivers anymore no matter what.

Thanx guys for the support.I am happy to say that this sheet kinda thingy appears now rarely.

Lets go back to racing!!!!

Date: July 20, 2003 02:53AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
@ Caelen, yep, same for me, it doesn't happen in 98 but it does in XP. So maybe it's an XP prob.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy