mega2003 vs Rh vs Viper?

Posted by DonLduk 
mega2003 vs Rh vs Viper?
Date: July 18, 2003 09:28AM
Posted by: DonLduk
i currently have mega2003 installed, and from what ive seen, RH's cars look awsome and much better, but
does RH's patch slow down frame rates?

can I just install the cars from RH, and keep the rest of my game 's configuration?

does viper have a web site with previews of his cars?? are his frame rate eaters?

thanks in advance
Re: mega2003 vs Rh vs Viper?
Date: July 18, 2003 09:38AM
Posted by: Covfan
RH2003 is actually only for F1C. He currently has no plans to do any GP4 cars.
Date: July 18, 2003 09:52AM
Posted by: Stan
acutaly he stopped doin cars not even for f1c

Date: July 18, 2003 11:20AM
Posted by: Covfan
Oh, yeah. because of the F***ING LEECHERS.
Date: July 18, 2003 10:23PM
Posted by: Toby Burke
From what I've read and heard here, GP4 seems to be more CPU dependant than video card dependant. A lot of it will also depend on your system specs, too.

For a lower end system (P3933, GF2 64Meg Ultra and 512Meg or RAM, I can run car and track geometry at high, texture detail at high and pitcrew at medium and get 29FPS in the Test. While that may not sound great, 30FPS is really close to the cutoff point that humans can percieve movement. Besides the starts, where the AI slow down anyway to get in line, I have no problems on the track anywhere else. Everything I run is a 512 by 512 res car and they look great. While the 1024 res cars are absolutely outstanding, the trade off in performance and smooth racing have always been more important to me.

I've not been into GP4 for all that long...former EA series gamer from WAY back that was looking for more...so the older guys around here would probably be more helpful than I in the system tuning department, but if you find the right combo of graphics settings and PC tuning...this thing is fun is all I can say. And looks gorgeous.
Date: July 18, 2003 11:06PM
Posted by: WallyTP
"While that may not sound great, 30FPS is really close to the cutoff point that humans can percieve movement"

What?????? You must have really bad vision. I can really tell the difference between 30 fps and 60 fps in GP4. It is true that 30 fps in Gp4 feels like 60fps in F1Challenge, but there is also a big difference between 30 and 60 in GP4.

Whoever said that the human eye cannot tell the difference between 30 and 60fps must have really been drunk the day he or she made that conclusion.
Date: July 19, 2003 12:35AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
mmmm...tell me tell me

Date: July 19, 2003 03:57AM
Posted by: Toby Burke
Movies/cinema and VHS video, for example, run at 24FPS, with each frame containing a small "blur" for transisiton purposes and the human brain notices nothing. When you observe "changes" in the frames above 30 or so, they are changes in light intensity from the image. The theory, developed by some drunk scientists years ago, is called retinal retention.

Between frames, your eyeball retains the image for a fraction of a second, so even though there may be gaps in the frames, your brain doesn't "see" it because it holds on to the image for a little while, albeit a split second.

Ever look at your computer screen then look at a white wall? If so, you'll see the image of the screen for a little while. If you're at a movie theater, the movie looks as smooth as glass on the screen, yet when you look at the projection booth you see the light flicker on and off. Those are transtitions the eye doesn't make quick enough because of retinal retention. Of course, what would drunk scientists know?...:)

Seems I do remember mention that higher FPS were less strain on the eysight because of the light intensity changes, so I'm sure that less effort for your eyes to transistion those images could be "seeing" better.

I'll try to find the article I got this from years ago and post a link for it. It was an interesting read.

Date: July 19, 2003 06:47AM
Posted by: Palomino
Its actully 38FPS is the max fps that a human can see but it all depends on what your watching really, sure GP4 at 30fps looks as smooth as some games running at 100fps! but its because of the way teh GP4 graphics engine was designed...

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy