a sutibal car pak

Posted by slicer 
a sutibal car pak
Date: July 04, 2007 10:44PM
Posted by: slicer
sadly enough, my compy can on handle 256 mb of memory. And while everyone else is experiencing the rush of the latest car paks, im stuck here with the original cars.

So my question is this : is there a car pak out there that doesnt have high resolution textures but allows me to race more later cars? Plzz keep in mind the 256 mb of memory i have!

With much anticipation,
Slicer
Re: a sutibal car pak
Date: July 04, 2007 11:07PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Oh, your computer must have a very old motherboard if it supports only 256 Mb of memory. :o Nowadays, most computers support at least 1 Gb of memery so just open your computer's cover and look if there's any free memory slots. Also check from your motherboard's manual how much memory does it support. If you don't have the manual, you can download and install a software called Everest. It will tell you the model of your motherboard and you can then search Google.

I think 2006 and 2007 mods by Tony have also lower resolution textures. You can choose them from CSM (select mod and go to mod's configurables).
Date: July 04, 2007 11:26PM
Posted by: b-tone
Try the 2006 mod, or any of the others on [www.gp4db.com]
They mostly have low resolution texture options, but even with that the carshapes are usually more setailed than the default cars so you might struggle

____
Tony

Date: July 06, 2007 06:40PM
Posted by: slicer
i have been able to play the 2005 mod with mirrors off. ive also been able to play 1979 on low textures. and yes, i know, this thing is crap!
Date: July 06, 2007 07:09PM
Posted by: b-tone
The 2006/07 mod should work with lo res textures and mirrors off too then as it shouldn't be any heavier than the 79 or 05 ones.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy