I have just moved over from EA F1 to GP4...

Posted by gee500e 
I have just moved over from EA F1 to GP4...
Date: July 15, 2003 09:52PM
Posted by: gee500e
Hello everyone...
I have just purchased GP4... WOW very good...
But i have a few questions about updating the game...
First what is meant but updating carshapes?
Second is it possible to update track graphics... more spacificly the wet texture it looks good upclose but gets a little blocky from far distance...
Thanks in advance
Steven,

WOW MAN these racing SIM's are incredible...
Re: I have just moved over from EA F1 to GP4...
Date: July 15, 2003 10:13PM
Posted by: renyf1
for a good base...download the megapatch

then download the trackfiles.....no way to change the tracks right now only the graphics and pit order
Date: July 16, 2003 12:06AM
Posted by: badi
Welcome to the world of GP4 gee500e!

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 16, 2003 01:44AM
Posted by: LarryM
If you want to use the patched version,and you do, believe me, don't download the megapatch. The best thing is to collect the best cars and use GP4 master or wadupdater to change your cars.wad. I am playing both F1C and Gp4 at the moment, I love the both but prepare yourself, GP4 is not as easy to edit. You need to learn the editors. Do a search here for the other stuff you will want like GPxpatch (this is ssential) and Gp4tweaker. There has been a huge amount of work done in this community, take advantage of it!
Good luck and reserve a lot of time ..say goodbye to your loved ones, you are about to become immersed in an orgy of editing and hopefully driving.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: July 16, 2003 01:52AM
Posted by: Toby Burke
Gotta agree with Larry. I came over from the EA series since being with them for F1 2000 and getting the individual cars is the way to go, for both looks and PC performance. While the Megapatch is more in-line with RH's EA series updates, until you get familar with how GP4 works, the single car way is easiest IMO.

Once you get used to the file formats, it's actually as easy as F12002's is to change a car and livery, tires, treads, steering wheel and other things. There a lot of good info at this forum, just gotta break out the old Search feature..:)
Date: July 16, 2003 02:18AM
Posted by: b-tone
look here to build your own 2003 cars wad.
[www.grandprix3.com]

____
Tony

Date: July 16, 2003 03:06AM
Posted by: rayg
Larrys right! install gpxpatch, download individual cars shapes (there used to be a 2002 cars.wad file that was very good but I don't know where it is now) Cam editor is good for lowering your view from the cockpit

The best thing to do is go to the download section and download anything you think will be usefull.

I found that WAD Extracter is very good and easy to use for updateing the cars!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy