moving wheel positions?

Posted by b-tone 
moving wheel positions?
Date: July 15, 2003 07:04AM
Posted by: b-tone
how do you move the wheel positions relative to the car?

i did search.

gosh. i just read ellis' readme that came with the itc merc :-o
a bug list a mile long!??!
lucky I didn't read it earlier otherise I wouldn't have started this 'mod'.
none of the serious problems have happened yet.

____
Tony

Re: moving wheel positions?
Date: July 15, 2003 07:30AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Cameditor does it :)

Date: July 15, 2003 07:34AM
Posted by: Madman271
*scratching head* Which wheel? Tyre or steer? :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: July 15, 2003 07:45AM
tyre

____
Tony

Date: July 15, 2003 07:52AM
Posted by: Madman271
Oh, fast answer. :)
As Lo2k said, CamEditor has ability to do that.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: July 15, 2003 07:55AM
oh, so it does.
under the Tyres tab.
no wonder i couldn't see it :)
thanks guys

____
Tony

Date: July 15, 2003 09:48AM
it's nothing :)

Date: July 15, 2003 10:06AM
any chance you guys will combine all your tricks into one tool?

____
Tony

Date: July 15, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: Ellis
a bug list a mile long!??!

Yeah, i know, its BAD. altho wheel postions and cockpit arent a problem, nor is the CPU car thing anymore. What else was listed?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 15, 2003 10:15AM
Posted by: shutt1e
yeah it can be moved with cameditor but for all cars.
for developing mod with cars different from f1 it would be beautiful to be able to have the position of the wheels different for each car or at least each team
i have 2 carshapes, one of ferrari 550 maranello prodrive and one of the chrysler viper gtr, they has very different wheelbase so i need to stretch or enlarge one of them to match the wheel positions.
it seem that wheel position is writed in car_collision_mesh.ct stored in the cars.wad one for all cars, can an utility (gp4tweaker) alter wheel position in memory in the future??
or if i'm wrong can someone explain me how 2 cars can have their wheels in different position?
Date: July 15, 2003 10:19AM
Posted by: Ellis
or if i'm wrong can someone explain me how 2 cars can have their wheels in different position?/i]

Unfortuantly all cars have same wheel base. Wehave this problem in the GT mod. We have a massivly long Mercedes CLK GTR, slightly shorter to fit the wheel base...then we have a tiny little porsche 911 GT2 car :|

Getting them on the same wheel base is just plain horrible to do, and it wont look as good as was hoped. Gota make the best of the situation tho!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 15, 2003 11:18AM
I know that Madman could make us able to change wheel base for every team but we have to let him the time to add this feature in gp4tweaker, i believe it took much time to add 2003 rules and head movement which are really great and huge jobs :)

Date: July 15, 2003 11:42AM
Here it is Ellis:

Known Bugs:

Will only mention the major ones....otherwise this file would be 1gb big....

1) No transparent textures on windows
I dont know how to do this yet...not sure if anyone knows yet. So i just used normal textures on the windows. If you know how
to put transparent textures into GP4, please email me

2) Wheel positions - the wheel base can NOT be edited yet to my knowledge....which means that rather than make
an accurate shape then fit the wheels in, i needed to fit the shape around the wheels. This means that
the shape is not 100% accurate....and until someone works out how to move the wheels, no shape will be 100% accurate. If you
know how to edit the wheel positions again, please email me

3) Reflections....as you can see by the preview pics, my skills in PSP7 are...well...crap! My alpha Layers are a MESS
which means that the reflections look REALLY weird in the game. Look at the preview from in the game and you will see exactly
what i mean. It does not appear in the editor like this because i used bmp files. In the game, u have to convert them into tga,
then put in an alpha layer, and then export as tex file. Obviously my alpha layers suck!!!

If you would like to work with me on textures, please drop me an email :) I'm hoping to do a full mod soon :)

4) Merc Badge. As you will see on the screen shots, the merc badge refuses to texture properly. I dont understand why. I created it
the same way in which i created the rest of the car, yet the merc badge refuses to texture the same way the rest of the car would
Probably just me, but hey, if u know why, then my email is at the top of this file!!

5) Cameras. The onboard cameras dont work properly...they appear odd, simply because they are still the same co-ordinates, yet the
shape has changed. There is an onboard camera editor, but there is no point in editing the cameras for one car because it will
then effect them all. So its best to leave them for now.

6) Cockpit view. Looks exactly the same from the inside cockpit view. There is no apparent change until u view on the outside cameras
I haven't any idea how to change it..i think we need a cockpit editor first. Again, if anyone knows how to create an accurate
looking Touring car cockpit, email me and we will talk :)

7) Damage.....well....there is none!! the car body is all one object, and therefore can not fall to bits. If u hit something u will
rebound off of it taking no damage. Will be fixed in final car. I know how to fix it in theory, but its a long process i think.

8) Level of Detail. I have only done one file so far. This means the car will only work under certain circumstances

YOU must be DRIVING the car. It will NOT appear properly if the computer is driving as this is the HIGHEST detail level only
When the computer is driving cars, GP4 selects a lower detail model to help with game performance. And because i have only
supplied the highest detail level, it will only work properly if u are driving it. If u are not driving it, you will get a normal
arrows shape...and quite possibly you will get some odd textures on that shape.

You must be driving the car for it to work. Don't worry, this will be fixed in later versions. I will make low detail versions of
the model, which will allow the car to be driven by the computer properly :)

9) Texture - HIGH ONLY. If u run the game on low detail level, this car wont work properly. You have to have texture detail set to
high. If u have the set to a lower level, i don't think it will work...u will most likely get a white car, or a crash to the
desktop (hope you like your wallpaper).

10) This car is beta, its only 0.5 beta. Don't email if it crashes ur game, cos i expect it to happen to some people. I'm releasing this
for the hell of it. Its not finished, and it is a big change for GP4 to cope with. Don't email me if it crashes ur game, because i
honestly wont be able to help! Sorry guys!

11) Physics/Performance. This car has the same physics and pref as the normal GP4...therefore this merc can do 210 mph :P
Havent made a physics file for it...mainly cos i duno how an ITC car handles. Anyone want to help me make one?

12) meah....theres more, smaller ones involving small texture mapping problems. But remember, this is a beta, its ment to have those
kinda bugs :)

Fixed: 2,5,6,8,9
Fixing: 3,7,10,11
Not important now: 1,4,12

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy