Changing camera views with Carsets

Posted by JerezMcGuire 
Changing camera views with Carsets
Date: March 25, 2024 12:09PM
Posted by: JerezMcGuire
Been returning to GP4 after about 20 years. Currently enjoying all the mods for it. I had the usual trouble of white cars but they were solved by a bit of browsing and trial and error.

I've been having some trouble with changing camera views using new carsets though. I have Team Editor and the 1.27c version of CSM. I have been able to change camera views using Team Editor when using the default 2001 season that comes with GP4, but I've been frustrated in my attempts to change camera views using other season carsets. I have changed the "car wad" path to the new carset directory, changed the camera views to my taste and then clicked the Apply Changes in Team Editor but when I start GP4 the new carsets camera views don't change at all. I don't normally like the camera views that come with the carsets I download, and I'd like to change them.
Re: Changing camera views with Carsets
Date: March 26, 2024 08:01AM
Posted by: JerezMcGuire
Okay I've discovered most carsets come with a "real time edit" option before launching which means you can press the Tab key in game and adjust the camera position in the game. I can't seem to save the camera positions, so I have to adjust it every time I start but it's a minor hassle.

It's a very welcome addition. These days playing in widescreen on a 27 inch monitor and being able to adjust the camera angles to anything you like has really transformed GP4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy