How to get faster lap times in GP4?

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
How to get faster lap times in GP4?
Date: March 23, 2024 08:16PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hello guys, I just have read that Verstappen took Pole Position in Melbourne with a lap time of 1:15:9 min.; the lowest time I have ever seen in GP4 on this track was I think 1:22:4 min. or something like that. And there I have changed the performance file to car powers around 1600 and reaching top speeds up to 370 kph already. So how can we ever drive 1:15 min. in Melbourne in GP4!? :-O hot
Re: How to get faster lap times in GP4?
Date: March 23, 2024 10:33PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Maybe I´m making a silly question but, are you using the current layout?
Date: March 23, 2024 11:58PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I think not, cos the new lay-out of Mebourne is not released yet for gp4.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: March 24, 2024 12:23AM
Posted by: fongu
The new layout is here: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit 2017+2022 - Beta Version, thanks to F1 Virtual

Date: March 24, 2024 05:23PM
Posted by: viking75
Here's a dat for Melborne 2015 that allows to run in 1:14:480 in qualifications. It's very fast but you can change the speed by changing the grip value of the md3 file from magic data. Here it's 30000 but I think about 26-28000 would be good. You have to do tests to find the good one to your taste. But BEWARE it's very fast and you've got to control the behaviour of the car.

[www.mediafire.com]

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
Date: March 24, 2024 07:18PM
Posted by: Tommy40F1
Hi folks,
I gave a version of 2022 track a try and it works fine for me.
Found it on "GPRace" - hmm, I know

Track times can be changed if the MagicData is configured in TSM.
There are several opportunities to adjust the trackspecific data and the behaviour of the ai-cars as well.
Qualifying Time for me is 1.18 high but it´s ok because the laptimes in race are close to the laptimes in real (1.22 to 1.24 min) .
Greets to all
Date: March 24, 2024 11:20PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Foreverk schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe I´m making a silly question but, are you usi
> ng the current layout?

No, I'm still using the original 2001 Melbourne layout. I'm only using newer files when there are significant changes on the track layout made. I just checked on Google and found out that they changed the layout of Albert Park Circuit. :-O I wasn't aware of this. hot So it's then the answer of my question of course. ;) (Y) It was not a silly question, it was a good question. (H) (Y) I'm sorry guys, but I'm still thinking that Michael Schumacher is driving for Ferrari. :-o I will be stuck in that great times forever. (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy