Random seed (GP2)

Posted by Ferrarista99 
Random seed (GP2)
Date: March 14, 2024 09:34AM
Posted by: Ferrarista99
Hi everyone,

I've noticed there is a "bug" in GP2 because the AI results are always the same and in sequence. For example if i start the game and do a "non championship race" with no drivers selected (spectating) I always get the same results. And if I do a 2nd, 3rd race the results are always the same, "in sequence" every time I start the game.

This is a great game with an awesome community but this bug not properly randomizing and generating new results is really frustrating. The problem is better explained here in this thread:
[grandprix2.de]
Apparently there is a fix/workaround by starting and abandoning a quickrace which seems to generate new random results. Still from my interpretation it is not 100% effective and may not properly "reset" depending when the quickrace is abandoned.

I wonder if there is any workaround that may work with 100% effectiveness in generating totally random results based on the performance data each time a new race is started.
Re: Random seed (GP2)
Date: March 14, 2024 03:32PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
Funny enough I was looking at that thread the other day because I've been playing through GP2 again.

Since this is a GP3/GP4 forum though I doubt you'll get any further insight here sadly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy