Maybe GP4 has lost the battle...?

Posted by MercuryGP 
Maybe GP4 has lost the battle...?
Date: July 11, 2003 10:38AM
Posted by: MercuryGP
Check this out

I must admit, i prefer F1C for handling, it makes you more in control of the car. The only let down was the graphics, but now my joint fav painter (with Viper) Ralph Hummerich has made a masterpiece!

See the screenshots here!!

[www.sportplanet.com]

Tell me what you think!

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
Re: Maybe GP4 has lost the battle...?
Date: July 11, 2003 10:54AM
Posted by: Stan
what has viper got to do with that? :/

Date: July 11, 2003 10:57AM
Posted by: Ellis
nothing

Erm, yeah lovely cars, pity the game aint great

I only have it cos it has net play :D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 11, 2003 11:11AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
What, and you're saying GP4's updated cars don't look that good?!?!?!

Date: July 11, 2003 11:13AM
Posted by: LS.
why on earth don't EMAC make them for GP4 2003 season?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: July 11, 2003 11:22AM
Posted by: Rainer
Well... F1C surely has the technical aspects of Formula One right, but GP4 still has the upper hand in regards of fast and furious racing action! Esp. when you have the right hardware, the sense of speed is unparalled in GP4.

In F1C I feel very much detached from the track when racing.. seems as if I am floating rather than racing a high-downforce car.

Post Edited (07-14-03 16:44)
Date: July 11, 2003 11:22AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Ralph got annoyed with GP4 editing problems, back then when Zmodeler wasn't available. In the mean he got very deeply into f1 200x, and stayed there. Basicly, Ralph likes more EAs games.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: July 11, 2003 11:24AM
Posted by: microprose.nut
Nope for me gp4 is good in every area!!! It suits me better Geoff's racing games have always done

Date: July 11, 2003 11:43AM
Posted by: marcl
GP4 is still better than EA games.

I still can not get used to the way the car handles in F1c, the steering is just to light and the cars feel like they skid there is no grip.

The tracks look ****.

I like the car sounds though the TC sounds good and so do the engines.

The new cars for Gp4 are good but they raise the po.

With EA games u install them and they work str8 away with every thing on max
Date: July 11, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Man I just think those guys need some time with F1C(whoever is interested in EA F1 games).Then they will again come back getting bored to GP4 and then they will appreciate GP4.

Believe me with a 128 MB G4Ti4200 u will go crazy in GP4 along with Viper and company's cars.

Its just the case that Gp4 is more dynamic than other games, it is the great great level which can only be surpassed by Geoff Crammond's next game only.Meanwhile Gp4 will rule.

Hail GP4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 11, 2003 12:06PM
Posted by: tux
anyone wanna convert all gp4 tracks to f1c? ;)

Date: July 11, 2003 12:11PM
I wish somebody would. Rene Smit converted Hungary to F1 2002, but there were some wierd problems that meant he didn't do any more.

But all these non-EA people, feel free to read my review of the two games (in the OT forum) :)

Date: July 11, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: Ellis
I thought it was Marc Arts who done the hungary conversion? Im probably wrong tho :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 11, 2003 12:44PM
Nope, I'm wrong :) I knew it was someone like that, but I couldn't remember exactly who!!!!

Date: July 11, 2003 03:01PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Im not surprised that ralph left, i remember a long way back when i used to play Monaco GP2 there was a site called "The unofficial" and ralph did all the cars for them, this was ages before gp3

Date: July 11, 2003 03:08PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Face facts guys, it's a drug, we're addicted.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: July 11, 2003 03:13PM
Posted by: tux
im not :) i can tolorate it

Date: July 11, 2003 05:13PM
Posted by: Boils
GP4 hasnt lost... Tracks look and feel better and the racing is the best offline racing u can experience

if u want a little more realism in handling try putting more brake bias to the rear wheels (create a little oversteer when braking for slow corners) give your self more steering lock, lower that rear wing for a little less grip for those rear wheels and start a full length race starting from the back of the grid at Spa

Date: July 11, 2003 05:42PM
Posted by: Morbid
What battle?!?

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 11, 2003 05:46PM
Posted by: LS.
so really what we need to do is find some bright spark that can import the engine sounds from this over to gp4

i like the sound of this traction control :) and the backfire

Post Edited (07-12-03 00:47)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy