AI (particularly at starts)

Posted by Shane 
AI (particularly at starts)
Date: January 06, 2007 07:07PM
Posted by: Shane
I haven't played GP4 in aages.. and used to play online the new tracks look pretty good but i found a big put off from single player was the AI.. ridiculously slow at the starts and stupid at other times! I don't know what physics mods there are out there but just wondering?
Re: AI (particularly at starts)
Date: January 06, 2007 08:42PM
Posted by: BenF1
How on earth did you play online?

[www.myspace.com]
Date: January 06, 2007 08:51PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
Yeah tell us how did you play online? Do you mean LAN instead of online? Playing GP4 online is impossible because of heavy lag and it wasn't developed to be played online at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2007 08:52PM by [FIN]Räkä.
Date: January 13, 2007 02:41AM
Posted by: kishan
i think it is lan because online is imposseble i heard
Date: January 13, 2007 03:11AM
Posted by: Joeku
can someone answer his question plix lol cause it annoys me to i can make up 8-10 places at the start which is annoying , 4 or 5 i cold unserstand. But all you have to do is brake late into 1st corner

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 13, 2007 07:52AM
Posted by: rajahassan
i have the same problem.even if i start last by turn 1 i am in sixth or seventh place which is ridiculous.

Raja Hassan Bin Naeem.
Date: January 13, 2007 08:00AM
Posted by: Joeku
same , places like brazil, melbourne
Monza i always smash my front wing if i go in to hot so i only gain a few

but your exactly right but if i put the performance upto much i cant keep up escpecially in the 95 mod im 2 seconds slower than hill n schumi on ace mode so i have to go in Pro.

Even in ace i can get to 5 in the first corner from the back

first lasp all the cars bunch up which is understandable but they dont accelerate well at all out of the first corner also the AI never take up spaces, so its up it me to go right on the out or inside.

________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 23, 2007 09:08PM
Posted by: SexySam182
It is annoying, just drive up the inside a brake late and your easily in the top 10 from last. I have, however found it better if you go towards the outside or in the middle of the pack as your sort of hemmed in by the other cars. I remember the problem was much worse in GP2, I could go from last to first at the hungaroring!

Date: January 24, 2007 01:10PM
Posted by: mansell92
I think the AI in GP4 is generally very good, probably the best of any racing sim (well, it would have to be, wouldn't it? What with no real multiplayer opportunities).

But, I agree, it's awful at starts. I don't see how it can be fixed, though :(
Date: January 24, 2007 01:29PM
Posted by: Gusgus
I just thought about that : it could be bettered with shorter 1st gear.

My workthread here
Date: January 25, 2007 12:27PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
The problem is in the "core" of the game...it's a sort of compense for human driver, since, if You increase too much skill value of drivers ( over 16500 is hard to compete, and over 17000 is impossible ) in perf texts, or if You increase too much grip driver in magic files ( for tracks ), then CPU drivers become unbeatable, at ace level
In GP4, infact, there are several physics and mechanical features balanced between human and CPU drivers, and this balance is not perfect.
Some things are better for human driver ( as for example, the starting grip ), some other are better and costant for CPU drivers ( brake power and space, trajectory, and so on ).
You can try to adjust the Physics file, or the Torque value in GP4exe, or even the perfomances text and magic files, but, believe me, You won't found a solution to this defect.
The only right thing is to make some good compromises.
When You set in a realistic way performances, after the start and the first corner ( where You can get some positions ), then CPu drivers are difficult to pass, and if their grip ( in magic files ) is too high, CPU drivers will have ever a shorter brake distance, and more acceleration...although the Physics file for brake and tyre grip affect both human and CPu drivers.
Briefly: what You are saying is one of the well known defect of the game ( like for example the unique main cockpit, or the unique car sound, and even the unique Physics file...), but in the complex GP4 has still many good features and advantages respect other F1 simulators.
Surely, if I could make another new F1 simulator-game, this is a characteristic that I personally should improve.
Date: January 25, 2007 12:49PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
I could not agree moe Nic :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy