CSM not starting on Windows 11

Posted by Leonix 
CSM not starting on Windows 11
Date: February 03, 2024 02:15AM
Posted by: Leonix
Hi guys!
I'm new to this forum but not new to GP4, as it's a game I've loved since I was little
I'm here for help with the problem listed in the title: CSM won't start, even though I've been banging my head on it for 2 days
It always worked on my old PC (with W10), and when I finally decided to install it on the new one(W11) I was surprised by cosmic nothingness after launching the executable
What confuses me more is that TSM works great, it's just CSM that doesn't start
I tried every guide I could find, I tried compatibility mode, I tried reinstalling and nothing. I even tried moving everything I had (related with GP4) from the old PC to the new one, and it still doesn't work
I have no error logs or errors appearing on the screen
Yes I did the exclusion in the antivirus, yes both Zaz tools and GP4 are not installed in Programs(x86)
I saw that a guide on how to install the Zaz tools was linked many times in this forum, but I managed to follow it halfway because the links to Mega/MediaFire for the Zaz files are blocked as "insecure". So I couldn't install the files that guide said.
I'm out of ideas, and I don't usually seek help because I'm very shy/introverted but I've reached a limit that I can't overcome
I hope someone can help me, and I thank you in advance for anyone's response! (and I would like to ask for mercy if I made any grammatical errors or similar, English is not my first language and the fact that I'm writing this at 2am doesn't help xD)
Re: CSM not starting on Windows 11
Date: February 03, 2024 09:25PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Hello, I also have some kind of problem with W11, so if anyone can help us, we would appreciate it.
Date: February 05, 2024 03:52PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Jordhy schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello, I also have some kind of problem with W11,
> so if anyone can help us, we would appreciate it.

Yeah I can help you. Use Windows 10 instead like I do. ;) ;-)
Date: February 06, 2024 05:46PM
In winXP, 7, 8.1 and 10 everyone has it, in eleven there are few, and that's why we ask for help.
Date: February 07, 2024 03:04AM
Posted by: Nickharper
im using windows 11 too but its working fine over here,no compatibilty ,no issue ,its just works,your gp4 already patched ?if yes then i dont know what else that causing that issue ,if no try to patch the game
Date: February 07, 2024 04:00PM
Hello, I'm sorry, about correcting I don't know what that is. I install it using the tools created by Carl_gpgames (2nd subject of grandprixorg). I've already installed several versions of Win11 and none of them ran the game. If possible, give us a tip on how to make this correction. Appreciate.
Date: February 07, 2024 04:22PM
Posted by: fongu
Maybe adding an exception in your anti virus?
Or maybe trying an older version of Zaz Tools?

I don't know, mine works fine in Windows 11, freshly installed a few weeks back.

Date: February 07, 2024 06:45PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Jordhy schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In winXP, 7, 8.1 and 10 everyone has it, in eleven
> there are few, and that's why we ask for help.

I wonder if we could also run GP4 on Windows 95 with 256 colours. ;) ;-)
Date: March 24, 2024 07:10PM
Posted by: ChrisKaufmann
Hi, did you find a solution yet? I have the exact same problem but with windows 10 Professional. TSM works fine but when i try to open CSM nothing happens. I tried versions 1.26, 1.27b and 1.27c but its always the same.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy