Silverstone 1948 - Sorry I uploaded the wrong wad, now here's the right

Posted by viking75 
Yesterday I played with Silverstone 1948 and realized that I had deleted the good wad and kept the bad one. When I did this circuit at the beginning I had to start the pitlane again because the original by carling was disastrous. Then I added tarmac to simulate an esplanade. But all the cars came up against this esplanade and my pit entrance was also disastrous. It's this bad wad that I downloaded. So I deleted the esplanade and now everything is ok, there's still the original little bump but that's all. See the new pit entrance in the video here :

[twitter.com]

New donwload link :

[www.mediafire.com]

--------------------------------------------

Here's the Silverstone 1948 track. It's based on the DAT file by carling, found on the fongu's blog. He did a real good dat but I had to do it again and the pitlane cause it was not playable. Now I think it's good. According wikipédia, 1948 was the last race on this track aspect (layout) before we know the first aspect of the actual track. The winner was Louis Chiron, from Monaco, in 65 laps. I admit my work is really simple. Inprove will be appreciated.

Preview video and download link on my twitter account :

[twitter.com]

I take this time to add you the update of the dat of my Manhattan by night track. The pit entrance was a disaster, now it's nice. The track and the new dat are here :

[www.mediafire.com]

When I will have time, I will try to fix the bugs of the Monaco Côte d'Azur cause it's a pity. In t-cam, there's no problem, but in cockpit view, it's not.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2024 11:28AM by viking75.
Re: Silverstone 1948
Date: February 03, 2024 03:56PM
Posted by: thestig88
Another awesome vintage track now finally available! Silverstone as we're not quite used to. Thank you very much indeed!
Date: February 03, 2024 04:17PM
Posted by: fongu
Thanks for the updates, glad to run on a bug free Silverstone

Date: February 03, 2024 05:04PM
Posted by: viking75
Sorry, see next post.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2024 05:06PM by viking75.
Date: February 03, 2024 05:05PM
Posted by: viking75
fongu écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the updates, glad to run on a bug free
> Silverstone

Hello fongu,

Yes, I did again a part of the dat but I couldn't fix the bump in the middle of the road when we drive before the pit. The best is to drive to the left, as in my video.

It's not very important but I think it's not the 1949 track but the 1948, the last layout as this one. As you see on wikipédia :

1948 :

[en.wikipedia.org]

1949 :

[en.wikipedia.org]

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2024 05:08PM by viking75.
Date: February 04, 2024 01:08AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Thanks for sharing.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 04, 2024 04:19PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Do someone also have the 1949 version of Silverstone?
Date: February 04, 2024 11:23PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
Thanks for share!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Thanks everyone for your comments. New wad with correct pit entrance on the first post.

[twitter.com]
thank you very much, mate
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy