Strange thing when laoding a GP4 session

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
Strange thing when laoding a GP4 session
Date: February 02, 2024 12:06AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Hi, I'm starting GP4 with the latest version of GPxPatch and a custom cars.wad with my own cars (with SMD-ZG02B template) sized around 340 MB. The first time I start a session, no matter if practice or race, the game needs around 30 to 40 seconds to load the track. I finished the race and start the same race again from main menu. Now GP4 needs almost 4 minutes to load the track! :-O (N) Has anyone an explanation for this? I'm driving a lot of 10% races these days and this annoying issue eats all my very tiny time! hot :( The track is finally loaded completely, there is no crash or error log shown. When the race is over, GP4 needs almost 10 seconds to quit the track screen and to show the results. When I start the race or another session again it also takes around 4 minutes to load the track. When I quite the game then there was an error log created, but unfortunately I closed it. I can try to create it again tomorrow. Thanks for any ideas what might be the problem there.

Your

TGF1DRIVER
Re: Strange thing when laoding a GP4 session
Date: February 02, 2024 01:01AM
Posted by: fongu
I have a similar experience with some mods, but never got to the bottom of why

Date: February 02, 2024 08:46AM
Posted by: npnc
Open Gpxpatch and set medium details instead of high and you will solve the problem.
Bye
Date: February 02, 2024 12:55PM
Posted by: pauloderpich
I don’t know why…. But it works!
Go to the graphics menu/advanced, then go back to main menu and load the track. It’ll be fine.

Paulo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2024 06:45PM by pauloderpich.
Date: February 02, 2024 06:09PM
Posted by: n00binio
I noticed the same with the 1995 mod since the 2.2 version. Except the first race works fine and the second race takes ages to load. Setting low details did the trick there as well. The only thing I noticed was that Gpxpatch is shown as not responding during the loading phase.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy