Visors from GP4Tweaker

Posted by superman77m 
Visors from GP4Tweaker
Date: December 29, 2023 09:32PM
Posted by: superman77m
Hi all.

One question.

Is it possible to see the silhouette of the helmet visor that comes under GP4Tweaker CSM in a different camera, such as the TCAM, and not only in the Cockpit view?
I activate them within the "gp4tweak.ini" by giving a value of "1" in "CustomVisor","VisorDirtEffect" and "VisorDirtPlayer" and then, within the "visordroplet.ini" file I set everything to a value of "1", and still , I only see the visor in the Cockpit view.

Does anyone know if this has a solution?
Re: Visors from GP4Tweaker
Date: January 01, 2024 11:30AM
Date: January 03, 2024 01:12PM
No hurry. It's not necessary anymore. Thank you.
Date: January 04, 2024 11:54AM
Posted by: DaSilva
I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Unfortunately also no reply.
Did you find a solution?
Date: January 04, 2024 01:43PM
DaSilva escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Unfortu
> nately also no reply.
> Did you find a solution?

Yes, I already solved it. The thing is that in this post there are as many responses from one side as there are from the other. And breadcrumbs... I'm not going to put...
Date: January 04, 2024 04:26PM
Posted by: Noog
If you call the visors using GPxPatch>GPxInfo instead of using GP4Tweak to do it you should be able to show the visors in any view you want. Not sure about the rain and dirt though. I think you'll still need gp4tweak to get those to show up.
Date: January 04, 2024 04:29PM
Alternatively, you could leave GP4Tweak as it is and just use GPxInfo to call the visors in the NON-cockpit views.
Date: January 04, 2024 04:38PM
Certainly Noog. That´s the solution. Only the dirt effect i can´t use out of the cockpit.

Thank you for the answer.
Date: January 10, 2024 05:24PM
Hello Noog,

how can I activate the visors through GPxINFO? I think its already there but maybe something is not correct??

Thank you in advance

[Export]
Enable=0

[Panel]
Enable1=1
Path1=visor.ini
Enable2=1
Path2=pitboard.ini
Enable3=1
Path3=defpanel.ini
Enable4=1
Path4=C:\Users\Beheerder\Desktop\Thomas\GP4Files\TV Logo RTL\TV Logo (Tony)(RTL - Germany)\rtl.ini
Date: January 10, 2024 08:05PM
Ok, this is all off the top of my head OK, but....

Make a second copy of your visors and put them into your gpxdata/pnl folder. I'll explain why you might need to do this in a minute.

Now, go into GpxPatch/GpxInfo and double click your visor.ini

At the top right you'll see an Enable images check box. Check it.

Now click the Edit Underneath button and in there, you have to add each helmet to tell GPxInfo where to find it.

Now, (I think, from memory), that should work, but you might find you need to trim the bottom of the visor image (or maybe elongate the size of the image, ie the canvas size) because by default GPxPatch expects to use a different size than the ones in your gp4tweak_data folder.

That should be enough to get you there though. Oh and don't forget to select 'enable filter' and 'Edit Filter...' on the same page, to tell GPxPatch to only show the visors in the view you want.

Hope that helps.
Date: January 11, 2024 01:04AM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Why do you want to see the helmet visor in the T-cam view? :-o (I)
Date: January 15, 2024 10:26AM
Hey Noog,

first of all, thnx for your help.
But I'm not sure if the following linstructions are correct??

Now, go into GpxPatch/GpxInfo and double click your visor.ini

At the top right you'll see an Enable images check box. Check it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I end up here and there is no double click possible here...the are just paths.

[Export]
Enable=0

[Panel]
Enable1=1
Path1=visor.ini
Enable2=1
Path2=pitboard.ini
Enable3=1
Path3=defpanel.ini
Enable4=1
Path4=C:\Users\Beheerder\Desktop\Thomas\GP4Files\TV Logo RTL\TV Logo (Tony)(RTL - Germany)\rtl.ini
Date: January 15, 2024 11:01AM
Looks like you've double-clicked the gpxcinfo.ini file. That's not what you need. Gpxcinfo.ini will take care of itself.

Instead, you need to run GPxPatch, then click the GPxInfo tab and you'll see the .ini files you are using.

One of the entries there should be called visors.ini, or something like that.

So if you have that, double click it (and my earlier instructions start there)

If there ISN'T something GPxInfo that looks like visors (which is quite possible), then you'll need to create one.

So, to do that, in the GPxInfo window, click the new button.

Enter a new name for the panel and a new window pops up.

In which case THIS is where my earlier instructions take over -

So, when you've added something into your new visors panel and clicked OK, if you take a look in Explorer you'll find a new folder in the GP4/gpxdata/pnl/ folder called visors (or whatever you chose) and in there you'll find you new visors.ini (which you don't need to edit directly, because that's what you're creating when you're in GPxInfo).

Hope that helps, but if not, let me know and I'll see if I can find a visors.ini file for use in GPxInfo in one of my mods so you can edit it for your purposes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2024 11:01AM by Noog.
Date: January 18, 2024 05:35PM
GPXInfo through GPxPatch...I should have known that. Little bit rusty I guess.

But anyway, I got the visor visible in the T-cam modus. I was struggling with the right sizes but figured it out. Happy guy here!

So a big thnx to you Noog!! ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy