Problems with Atticus' Road Atlanta track

Posted by huskyman49 
Problems with Atticus' Road Atlanta track
Date: December 18, 2023 11:28PM
Posted by: huskyman49
[www.mediafire.com]

no idea what's wrong!? Ran the track with another GP4 installation without CSM and it worked fine...
It's a shame because I want to race the track with my IMSA 1975 mod hot
Re: Problems with Atticus' Road Atlanta track
Date: December 19, 2023 07:23AM
Posted by: 1984F1things.
Maybe its because the track isn't meant to work with TSM, if you used that try using the GPXPATCH Track feature.
Date: December 19, 2023 11:04AM
The odd thing is that I first used the GPxPatch feature as usual quite acurately. Unfortunately the result was only a CTD.:-o
So there must be something unidentified going on... ? Maybe someone able to read the gpxload.txt could find out what's the problem?

greetings to all from snowy Styria (Austria)
Karl
Date: December 19, 2023 02:40PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Karl try using that track with the original cars.wad

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 19, 2023 03:07PM
Just done and works fine...
Date: December 19, 2023 03:26PM
Put the wad-file into the main directory, the dat-file into the circuits file and ran the IMSA mod without any problem. But when I use TSM to import the track and put it subsequently into the IMSA-profile I run into a CTD.
Another new and boring miracle: I can load the gp4-file (extracted by WadUpdater) into GP4Builder and it all looks pretty ok but when I try to import it to ZModeler it doesn't work all at once!???
Date: December 19, 2023 03:46PM
As I can import every possible car into ZModeler without any problems I really wonder why I can't import gp4-files of any given track anymore!
I just wanted to add at least pit buildings to the pretty naked Atticus track as it is quite boring to enter the pits and there are none ;)
But now I'm a bit helpless...
Date: December 20, 2023 03:24PM
Try edit the Yukon track

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 20, 2023 04:56PM
Done. Unfortunately same result: track shows up in GP4Builder but not in ZModeler. Actually strange because I once removed the elk from this track (if you remember)
Date: December 21, 2023 03:45AM
Posted by: Öggo
If I'm not mistaken, the ZModeler *.gp4 plugin was designed to support only cars and other basic meshes. I don't think you can import a multi-scene *.gp4 file, and that's where GP4Builder comes in. You should be able to import the whole thing into Blender, but I'd still suggest for you to do any track-editing in GP4Builder

Date: December 21, 2023 09:51AM
Many thanks for your support! Meanwhile I studied Paulo's track building tutorial part 1 and part 2. Unfortunately I didn't find part 3 he announced at the end of part2 but apparently didn't publish. So I think you're right.
Still I don't know how to import objects from another track into GP4Builder but obviously haven't studied the User guide carefully enough...
Anyway, Atticus' Road Atlanta is a track worthwile to invest some effort into evaluating it with some environment.
So any help for that project is more than welcome for a track building novice as I am.
Date: December 21, 2023 09:59AM
Posted by: fongu
Karl, if you didn't catch it, Ariel's Yukon track is fictional scenery on the Road Atlanta track by Atticus. That may be a better starting point ;-)

Date: December 21, 2023 10:08AM
#Ariel:
Apparently my own remembrance seems a bit erratically: The removal of the elk I did with GP4Builder - never used ZModeler ;)
Date: December 21, 2023 10:13AM
#fongu:
Thanks for the most welcome hint, Kev (I)
I must admit I had a slight suspicion already...
So I'll go this way and save a lot of time hopefully :-)
Date: December 21, 2023 03:06PM
Karl, to add buildings to the pits, you can use GP4Builder, there is no need to use ZModeler

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy