What Determines change of Cars in Hotseat Mode

Posted by Slasher 
What Determines change of Cars in Hotseat Mode
Date: November 25, 2023 09:50AM
Posted by: Slasher
Hi All,

I usually drive in more than one car during the race and on the occasion in question, with 6 cars with 2 turns each.

I was driving the Abu Dhabi track and during the race all cars had their turns by only the half way stage of the race, the last car still had half the race to complete.

What is the determining factor in deciding the changeover point for each car and can this be changed ?

Interested to know.

Thank You.

Slasher
Re: What Determines change of Cars in Hotseat Mode
Date: November 25, 2023 11:37AM
Posted by: Noog
The answer to this can be VERY complicated, but you can start by comparing what you find in desc=74 of the MD file with the fastest lap time you are seeing on the track in qualifying.

Desc=74 is on line 76 of the magic data file and it defines the fastest qualifying lap time in seconds, so 69560 means 1m 9.560s.

(The value in desc=74 actually adjusts the game clock, but we don't need to go into that now. The point is, the game uses the value in desc=74 to determine what constitutes ONE LAP for the purposes of multiplayer mode, NOT the actual lap time on the track).

Therefore, the time you see on the track should match the value in desc=74 (roughly) - and if it doesn't, it explains the problem you are having. So in your case I'd expect to see a big difference.

If your track doesn't have a magic data file you can make one using cmagic
Date: November 25, 2023 09:06PM
Ok thanks for that.

I do have magic data for it, but didn’t know about that.

You learn something new everyday !
Date: November 26, 2023 10:01AM
Posted by: Noog
Slasher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You learn something new everyday !

Well in that case I should probably correct a small mistake then!

I said above the desc=74 adjusts the game clock; but that's not actually true.

Desc=74 DOES tell the game what constitutes a lap in multiplayer mode, but it's desc=75 that actually adjusts the game clock. It's like a supplementary, less critical, step.

So you set desc=74 to what you want the lap time to be and that should fix your problem like I said before, but then (if it's important to you) you can use desc=75 to fine tune the actual fastest lap time recorded on the track (by adjusting the clock timing) to make what you see on the track match desc=74 more precisely.

Makes sense?
Date: November 26, 2023 12:24PM
Noog,

Thanks for the explanation above.

I had a look through a few different magic data files for a couple of tracks and there it was staring me in the face.

Will play around with this on my next block of days off.

Again, thanks for the explanation.

Slasher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy