The story of the XBOX version of Grand Prix 4

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
The story of the XBOX version of Grand Prix 4
Date: October 16, 2023 10:48PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Have you ever wondered what is known about the XBOX version of Grand Prix 4? Well, I've taken some time (a few nights without sleep, to be honest) and compiled everything I could find out about it into this report:

https://fongugp4.blogspot.com/2023/10/the-story-of-xbox-version-of-grand-prix.html (Fongu was kind enough to post it on his blog).

You can download the report as a PDF here (mediafire).

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Re: The story of the XBOX version of Grand Prix 4
Date: October 16, 2023 11:02PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Thank you very much for the story and time dedicated to your research, Carl!
This game was so much expected at this time on Xbox. I was very disappointed when it was cancelled.
I will take the time to read your article with a lot of interest.
You have made a big work to gather all these informations and interviews. Great work! :-)(Y)
(Should be pinned on the faq, imo)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2023 11:02PM by Excalibur.
Date: October 17, 2023 03:01PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
History Carl. Congratz and thank for your research work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: October 17, 2023 04:33PM
Posted by: fongu
An amazing deep dive into the history of this illusive version of the Geoff Crammond series.
Thank you Carl, and glad to promote and host it over on my blog.

Date: October 18, 2023 12:45AM
Posted by: radracer
Thank you for this - for me Grand Prix and the PC are inexorably linked, from when I started with F1GP one afternoon not long after it originally came out... but fascinating to read about this tangent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2023 12:56PM by radracer.
Date: October 18, 2023 01:04PM
Posted by: SakuMiku
Back in the good old days of multiple F1 games carrying the official license, as opposed to the monopoly today.

Though I do remember really enjoying the Sony efforts from around this time. I'd argue that Formula One 2002 (& 2003) are perhaps some of the best I've ever played. GP4 on console would've challenged that title.

It does remind me of Simbin however, and their GT-R port for Xbox. I would say it wasn't as good as the PC version (handling felt weird to me, if I remember), so there is a small chance that GP4 might have gone the same route.

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Date: October 18, 2023 02:12PM
Posted by: pauloderpich
Thanks Carl! Very good story (massive research) and thanks Kev for the support.

Paulo
Date: October 18, 2023 02:31PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Nice read, thanks! I remember this very well, I was really looking forward to the XBOX-GP4, I didn't had XBOX at the time, but would have gotten it because of GP4. Sadly things went like that, but at least we got the best F1 pc-game.
Date: October 18, 2023 09:18PM
Posted by: zifox
Very nice read, many thanks for putting everything together !

I didn't notice the xbox gamepad when I browsed through the GPI files, i'm definitely going to have a look !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you do a full season without qualifying ? Let's find out : [www.youtube.com]
Date: January 18, 2024 12:52AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
[traxion.gg]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Fun fact: GP4 was the first ever F1 game I tried as a kid. Many years later and I still play it to simulate several F1 seasons.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy