Baltimore track problem

Posted by viking75 
Baltimore track problem
Date: September 28, 2023 09:01PM
Posted by: viking75
Hello everyone

I'm working on the Baltimore track for indy cars. But, as always :( I have a problem, sorry :(. My pitlane is good but GP4builder tells me this message "0x0055997f -> Pitlane not in sync or not connected (cmd 0x86, 0x87)." But as you see on the pictures below, my pitlane is connected and I have no errors. Can you tell me, please, what happens and what can I do ? I want to understand for a next time.

As you see too, the pitlanes are strangely placed on this track, but all the pictures of Baltimore circuit on the net show me like that. If it's that strange thing that gives me this problem I'll change the location of the stands, too bad.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
Re: Baltimore track problem
Date: September 29, 2023 03:50AM
Posted by: Prblanco
From what I can see, the pitlane exit is before the start/finish line. I suspect GP4 can't handle this scenario.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: September 29, 2023 07:50AM
Ok, I understand now. Thank you very much PrBlanco. In fact, if you look at the circuit for indy cars on the net you'll see that the pits are in the other side of the track (strange idea), that's to say at the top of my screenshot. So, the pitlane will always before or after the start-finish line and there always will be this problem. So, I should move the location of the pits on the last straight line but it would be a non-sens and it wouldn't be realistic. I wonder what I'm going to do, choose this solution or give up the work. Anyway, many thanks again for your help !

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
Date: September 29, 2023 02:20PM
Posted by: OboroHD
viking75 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, I understand now. Thank you very much PrBlanco
> . In fact, if you look at the circuit for indy car
> s on the net you'll see that the pits are in the o
> ther side of the track (strange idea), that's to s
> ay at the top of my screenshot. So, the pitlane wi
> ll always before or after the start-finish line an
> d there always will be this problem. So, I should
> move the location of the pits on the last straight
> line but it would be a non-sens and it wouldn't be
> realistic. I wonder what I'm going to do, choose t
> his solution or give up the work. Anyway, many tha
> nks again for your help !

Well, a small compromise such as that isn't worth giving up on. I say go for it, and leave a notepad saying it isn't exactly 100% perfect due to the game's limitations.
Date: September 29, 2023 03:18PM
Maybe, your idea is nice but... I made a new pitlane on the other side of the track to check and it works very well. PrBlanco were right. I deleted the new pitlane because it was just a test but honestly I wonder if it's really interesting to carry on to make this track if it's not like the real one. It would be ridiculous. I think my layout looks like good enough the real one, not very good but good enough. I've choosen an easy layout to begin. I'm a little disapointed because it was my first no fictitious track made from dat to wad entirely. I love the street tracks. It doesn't matter, there are other interesting tracks to make.

Take a look on a youtube video about Baltimore circuit :

[www.youtube.com]

[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy