Failed dat

Posted by viking75 
Failed dat
Date: August 24, 2023 02:37PM
Posted by: viking75
Hello everyone

I am finally making my first dat file by working on a very simple fictional track to begin. But I have my first problem for three days. Gp4builder tells me that there is an error with the pits and of course there is a crash to desktop. Although these pits are original because I am working on an existing circuit. I just modified the layout and the cc line. Now I understood how to make a layout and a cc line but the problem is this pit. Is that why I have to do it again? Or is there another problem? Thanks for your help.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
Re: Failed dat
Date: August 24, 2023 02:50PM
Posted by: kyle24427
you need to put the commands into the dat look for the connect pits start and connect pits end and place them on the track sector the pit lane starts on and exits on

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2023 02:51PM by kyle24427.
Date: August 24, 2023 04:48PM
Difficult to do it. It seems it's a question of flag but impossible for me (for now anyway) to move values until I succeed. And it's not easy for me to be sure I understand exactly what you mean. But thank you very much for trying to help me !

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
Date: August 24, 2023 05:43PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Send me the dat file and I have a look.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 24, 2023 05:56PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
For the " (87) Connect Pit Lane End" flag; go to the last pitlane sector and see to which track sector it is alligned the most to. Double click on the track sector and click on button "Add" to add a new command. Select " (87) Connect Pit Lane End" and click on button "Create Command".

For the " (86) Connect Pit Lane Start" flag; go to the first pitlane sector and see to which track sector it is alligned the most to. Double click on the track sector and click on button "Add" to add a new command. Select " (86) Connect Pit Lane Start" and click on button "Create Command".

Save the dat file.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 24, 2023 07:02PM
hot(Y)(I)(I)(I):-Ohothot(Y)

It Works ! Thanks thanks thanks Turbo Lover. This is my first dat ! I made a copy paste of your solution for a next time. Now, I have to see what I can do with this dat and above all in the future. I hope be able to do better than this oval track.

[twitter.com]
Date: August 24, 2023 07:54PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
I want to use that track!
Many years ago (but many) there was a project to make a track like this in my country...

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: August 24, 2023 08:34PM
Yes, Meteoro, I send you this dat by PM I suppose ?

[twitter.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy