pitcrews

Posted by huskyman49 
pitcrews
Date: August 19, 2023 10:12AM
Posted by: huskyman49
I wonder if there's a way to reduce the number of pitcrew mechanics in a race. As I mostly produce non F1 mods it looks quite unrealistic to have a mass of crew members working on a touring car in a race, doesn't it ;-)
Maybe in an analogy to the most welcome 'no refueling' feature once made by Samuele which I used for DTM races p. e. it could be possible?
Re: pitcrews
Date: August 23, 2023 04:02AM
Posted by: Öggo
Short answer: yes, there should be.
Slightly longer answer: it would most likely be quite a lot of work. In theory, by modifying the actual animations, plus scripts and events, you can get the pitcrews to do pretty much whatever you want. It's never been done before, because animations weren't editable until not too long ago. Would be a pretty amazing feat though!

Date: August 23, 2023 08:44AM
Thank you for your positive answers. Wouldn't it be great if some of our programming experts gets inspirated to sacrifice time and effort to modify this animation feature?
That would really be amazing as you say, wouldn't it!
Date: August 24, 2023 03:24AM
Posted by: Öggo
Animations are editable with the latest version of the GP4 Mesh Tools for Blender. Scripts and events are plain text files. So, no need for a programmer (anymore), you could do it yourself ;-)

Date: August 24, 2023 07:14PM
Thank you!
I'm actually a bit ashamed that I missed the release of your incredible tool last year :(
May I get firm with the use of Blender and the said tool and get useful results for my mods. Hopefully I can relay on your assistance if I need it...

Best wishes
Karl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy