Error Creating CSM Mod ZAZTools 1.27b & 1.26 [Solved]

Posted by tamburello 
Hi,

I receive following error when I want to extract a Carset in CSM:

GP4 Library
ERROR: Can't read file 'Data\Gpaedia\lola\GP1993_espanol.gps"

I tried the same for another mod, 1995 and I have this error too. Strange is, that this already worked in the past flawlessly.

Does anyone had this error again and knows how to fix it?

My OS is Windows 11 22H2.
I already set csm.core + tsm.core to Win 7 compatibility but it doesn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
tamburello

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2023 10:07AM by tamburello.
Short update: I manged to loacte the problem:

The mod fails to create because of the filesnames:
español.gps
Français.gps

When I rename them to espanol.gps and francais.gps the mods are created as usal.

Just for your info so you know what causes the Error message above.
I think it's related to a special character issue

Thanks for your reply, yes, it's related to the special character. Strange it start to appear yet, maybe some Windows update or something caused it because in the past it worked without problem.
Anyway, problem is located and fixed.

Have a good day, Cheers (B)
I'm going to hijack this thread rather than create a new one for what may be an easy fix.

When I click to start CSM, I get the little loading cursor but then nothing appears on screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any ideas how to fix?

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
I would try the following:

- Uninstall CSM
- Delete CSM-Folder (if it is still there after uninstallation)
- Go to: C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp and delete all files in there
- Restart your PC
- Re-Install CSM and see if it works
Couldn't find that appdata folder, but after following the other instructions, still doesn't seem to work. When I open after reinstall, it gives the usual pop-ups "use this gp4.exe" & "use default folder", but then nothing.

Thanks for the attempt to help though, I appreciate that

A Scotsman in Indonesia. A fan of the Far East & all their drivers & an advocate of women in motorsport / GPGNC - S3: Team Philippines, S4/S5: Team Japan, S6: Team Indonesia (S6 runner-up)
Maybe you have to show hidden folders in Windows to find this folder.

Background is that CSM is creating .tmp files with every time you open the tool. I have experienced some problems in the past and with deleting these .tmp files the tool was working flawlessly again.

What Windows do you use?
I'm on Win 10

Finally found and deleted everything in the temp folder and tried again. Still no change

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2023 04:24AM by SakuMiku.
Maybe run as administrator?

Agree to what fongu said. Try to run as Admin.
And maybe set csmcore.exe and tsmcore.exe to Windows 7 compatibility mode.
Tried all of these tips, still nothing unfortunately

Could you please post some screenshots?
video: [youtu.be]

This video shows what happens. The files are all just normal GP4 files. I've not changed anything physically with the folders

Is it running in task manager?

It's not, no

are you running any kind of anti-virus?

CSM and ZaZ tools are not installed at the C drive?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
They are. It was working perfectly fine until a few days ago.

In terms of antivirus, running Avast. But it was working fine with that before.

The only thing I can think that maybe affected it is I was trying to run a football game .exe and it wasn't working, so there was a lot of deleting and reinstalling in that folder. But I don't see why that would affect CSM. I tried TSM and it loads perfectly fine.

Thanks for the video.
What you can also try is to deactivate the UAC in Windows and then try to run the game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy