DTM mod for GP4 cancelled

Posted by Ellis 
DTM mod for GP4 cancelled
Date: July 09, 2003 11:27AM
Posted by: Ellis
Today i had a full system failure and 90% of the content of my three Hard drives is all gone.

I am using data recovery programs, but i have to pay to recover the files with these programs and i simply cant afford this. i have lost all the DTM cars and eveyrthing else on my comptuer, inc some stuff which was very important to me

GT mod will continue as normal as Sasjag as copies of that

I am sorry to disappoint, but DTM 2003 for GP4 isnt gona happen from me

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: DTM mod for GP4 cancelled
Date: July 09, 2003 11:29AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

**** thats not good! sorry to hear this man :(

Date: July 09, 2003 11:31AM
Posted by: Pooky
bad luck mate.

this is exaclty what happened to me a few days ago. i lost everything!

i had to reinstall a new hardrive - get western digital - most reliable

definately taught me to from now on make a backup

Date: July 09, 2003 11:32AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

*Backs up HD*

Date: July 09, 2003 11:35AM
I backed up my entire C: onto my F:, but yet when attremtping to install 98, it screwed both up, so it mucked up the backup also

Im running data recovery programs now, doing my best to recover the files, but ay 74Gb of missing files it might take alot longer than i hoped

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 09, 2003 11:45AM
Posted by: Pooky
**** man, bummer!

Date: July 09, 2003 11:50AM
Posted by: Spike02
Date: July 09, 2003 12:13PM
Posted by: b-tone
thats no good.
you must've lost a bit more than just the dtm.
what exactly happened?

____
Tony

Date: July 09, 2003 12:15PM
Posted by: anze89
Date: July 09, 2003 12:24PM
b-tone ur right, i didnt just lose DTM, i lost EVERYTHING. GT mod is fone because Sim has a copy of that, i lost all my saved game tsates on every single game i have

Wot happened? I decided that i wud reinstall windows (xp) cos it was just getting chuggish...so i moved all my contents of my C: (for windows and some programs only 7Gb) onto the F: (my second hard sic and my main one (60gb) and i do have another drive G: (7gb)

After rebooting i thought "hey, lets dual-boot with windows 98"

So i had the idea of sticking 98 on the C: and then installing XP afterwards onto the F:

I put in the 98 CD, botted from it, went to install and it crashed during instalation

I didntthink anything of it, just stuck in the XP CD and then installed to the C:, thinking my other drives were left untouched, but when i started and opened my computer the other two drives had apparently been "formatted" by windows 98s setup because XP couldnt access them

I got a data recovery program called "file scavenger" and it showed me that some of my files were there and working, some where there and not working and some where there and just totally messed up.

Problem is when i clicked recover it asked me to pay for the program, and i will admit i did attempt tog et cracks and serials for it because im pretty despertae but theres lots of version of this program, and i could only find V2.1T and there is no current cracks for that

Im running another program, doesnt look as promising as the last, but i hope it can recover some of the data, unfortuantly in the list of data that cud be recovered in the other program, the DTM mod folder was not amoung it, nor was most of the ZM cars

Date: July 09, 2003 12:32PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Dave, I'm sorry to hear that!! Bad stuff :(

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: July 09, 2003 12:34PM
Well i think some of my old stuff is recoverable, just the program i have wants it paid for,

It managed to find all my 20Gb of MP3s and found them in working order too, jsut wouldt let me recover them!

the more the program looks the more it finds, just it seems in not allowed to recover without paying and i literaly have no cash at the moment

Date: July 09, 2003 12:42PM
Posted by: Chunter
Ellis check your hotmail..i just sent you something to help in your recovery

Date: July 09, 2003 12:59PM
Thanx for the program Chunter, but it only had the C: lsited in the drop down box, i wasnt able to see the F: and G: drives, which are the corrupt ones now!

Thanx anyway mate

Date: July 09, 2003 01:17PM
Posted by: b-tone
what price are we talking?

____
Tony

Date: July 09, 2003 01:28PM
we are talking $40 (USA), but i have just enough cash to get to work and back right now :|

U also need a VISA or other american cards, which i just dont have

Date: July 09, 2003 01:32PM
Posted by: ayazyounis
look the best way to back up is to cdrw discs. then if you have a failure all you do is reintastall the op. sys. and then just copy the contents of the disc to your hdd. bit late now though. first jons editornow ellis dtm. oh well...
Date: July 09, 2003 01:46PM
this WAS the backup

I had the whole thing on C: and of the F: too, didnt expect win98 to remove EVERYTHING

Date: July 09, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: Chunter
it'll do every drive ..you just gotta tell it to

Date: July 09, 2003 02:21PM
But it only had C: in the drop down list

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy