brakelight bug

Posted by huskyman49 
brakelight bug
Date: March 02, 2023 10:48PM
Posted by: huskyman49
Hi to all,

lately I lost my brakelight/backfire function. It only works in the rain anymore. I really don't know which settings I must have changed unknowingly. Any idea which *.ini file could be the source of that annoying failure?
Thanks in advance for any helpful hint!

Best wishes
Karl
Re: brakelight bug
Date: March 04, 2023 11:35AM
Just had a closer look at the problem: Even in wet conditions there's only the backfire visible but not the brake light. So it seems to be a rear light bug. As far as I remember I never had to set the parameters of the rearlight.ini when the brakelight worked in the past... Actually I can't imagine how to find the correct positions of the lights for lots of different cars anyway.
Still waiting for any help!
Date: March 07, 2023 04:47PM
Strange!!! Could it be that I'm the only one who had this problem??? :-o
Date: March 08, 2023 12:06PM
Posted by: rracunis
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just had a closer look at the problem: Even in wet
> conditions there's only the backfire visible but
> not the brake light. So it seems to be a rear
> light bug. As far as I remember I never had to set
> the parameters of the rearlight.ini when the
> brakelight worked in the past... Actually I can't
> imagine how to find the correct positions of the
> lights for lots of different cars anyway.
> Still waiting for any help!

Open the shape in the gp4 builder, go to the rear_light object, open the tweaker configuration for the rear lights, and copy the X and Y position in the ini.file. However, you have to invert the positions, the X in the gp4 builder will be the Y in the ini. file and the same for the Y axis which will be the X. Also check if the number of rear ambient light (1-4) matches of the number of rearlights the cars have.
And of course, am assuming that the alpha channels of the rearlight texture is there.
Date: March 17, 2023 10:35PM
Many thanks for your attempt to help!
Unfortunately it didn't work.
Apart from this it doesn't seem logic to me that a feature that works well in the rain (brakelight and backfire)*) shouldn't work in dry conditions all at once...
I remember that I once read about a way to suppress this feature in wet races but I forgot where and when it was - perhaps somebody knows?

*) Recently I tried another new build mod and to my surprise the brakelight came to life...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy