1995 Mod? Very Strange!

Posted by JonVic 
1995 Mod? Very Strange!
Date: July 09, 2003 09:18AM
Posted by: JonVic
I have just downloaded the 37.4mb 1995 mod and i cannot understand what is going on. I unzip the setup file to a directory and run it, i briefly get the setup loading bar "setup is preparing the install" etc. that most setup files do and just as the loading bar gets to 100% it just cancels and does no more. I have tried to run it from the GP4 directory, desktop and various other locations and i get the same thing. Does anyone know why this is i really want to try it and i have it but this problem prevents me from using it! I have also noticed that there appears to be a 186mb version of the 1995 mod available, what is this compared to the 37.4mb version. I cannot download this however as i am on a 56k. What do i have to do to get the smaller file to run and what are the differences between the two sizes. Thanks for reading this lengthy message please help!
Re: 1995 Mod? Very Strange!
Date: July 09, 2003 09:54AM
Posted by: anze89
the 186MB version is for F1 2002 and it doesn't work with GP4

I don't know what your problem is, but try to d/l it again

Date: July 09, 2003 09:58AM
I have downloaded it 3 times and i still get the same problem every time. I am at a loss what to do it just seems crazy i cant figure it out.
Date: July 09, 2003 10:09AM
Posted by: b-tone
try extracting it with winzip/rar

____
Tony

Date: July 09, 2003 10:12AM
I have done that as well well i have used winrar at least and still the same problem! Its a real head scratcher!
Date: July 09, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: Ghostrider
Hi
look at your taskbar near the windows clock. close all runnin' applications and if that doesn't work use the task manager to close some processes.

Regards Andy
Carshape & Texture Design Project (www.ctdp.de.vu)
Date: July 09, 2003 03:02PM
Thanks for the help i used MSCONFIG to switch off many applications and it installed fine. I have started using the mod and i have to say well done it is very good. I especially like the McLaren. It is so beautifully formed it looks just like the real thing. All credit to the guys that have done this i will be having many hours of fun for sure. Just waiting for the possibility of some tracks from 95 but i gather from reding the posts that these are a long way off still. Does anyone know of any other carsets in the pipeline?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy