Help needed for Kyalami Track 1993 by drt01 & jcaranti

Posted by rookie26 
Help needed for Kyalami Track 1993 by drt01 & jcaranti
Date: November 29, 2022 12:33AM
Posted by: rookie26
Hello to All,

I'm trying to build a Trackpack (for my own use) for the 1992 season. Unfortunately there is not even one track for this season, so I will take whatever is available.

I'm using the 1992 Mod by Celinho and Kerley through CSM 1.27b

So first Track of course is Kyalami. I'm using the wonderful 1993 Track from drt01 & jcaranti (THANK YOU SO MUCH). First of all I adjusted the AI's fuel consumption in the Magic Data through TSM and found a nice value. So I started an 100% AI race to see what will happen.

I came across the first major problem when the first pitstops started. I've noticed that the cars from McLaren, Jordan and Ligier stuck when they are entering the pitspace. So the cars are just standing there between the pitcrew and nothing happens. Strangely the pitstop starts, when the teammate arrives in the pit and is behind the stucked car. After the pitstop of the first car is finished, the second car is entering the pitspace and the pitstop is done normally. The same issue happens again when the second pitstop is done. So when the teammate had withdrawn from the race, the remaining car will stuck in the pits until the end of the race.

As I mentioned before, this is only happening with McLaren, Jordan and Ligier.

Does anyone of you fine people got any clue how to fix this issue? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Greetings to all of you who put so much effort to keep the greatest ever F1-SIM alive.
Try checking or unchecking (depending on what it currently is) the "fix pitstop bug" setting in gpxpatch

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
n00binio schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Try checking or unchecking (depending on what it
> currently is) the "fix pitstop bug" setting in
> gpxpatch

Thx n00binio, the "fix pitstop bug" was enabled. I disabled it, but still the same issue. I've enabled it again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2022 05:25PM by rookie26.
Hello. I have been suffering from this same pitstop glitch too across various mods. It's always team slots 1, 6 and 10. Already tested the 'fix pitstop bug' ticked and unticked from GpxPatch. Doesn't seem like a solution to this has been found on here so far. I'm certain this is a track specific thing because I've not seen this occur anywhere else in GP4.
there's a Sepang2001.anm file in the Kyalami 1993 package from Davide and Jorge, did you inserted the file in your anim wad?
Hello Quickslick, thanks for getting in touch in quick time. Yes I can see this Sepang2001.anm file in the folder. Could you tell me how I would insert this file into the wad? Any particular software I need?
you can use wadupdater to insert the file in your anim wad, but please make a backup of your anim wad before you you insert the file
Not sure on whether I have needed to do this but I've extracted a backup Kyalami wad file. It created a new folder containing three sub-folders which are labelled; fonts, maps and samples. Do I drop the anm file into one of these before creating a new wad? I could be far off the mark with this as I'm not too familiar with how to use WadUpdater.
you have extracted the kyalami track wad and this is wrong. You have to extract the anim.wad to insert the file
Ok yeah I completely missed that, apologies. i managed to extract the anim.wad into a backup folder. Do I just simply replace the sepang2001 anm file that is already in there with the one featured in the Kyalami folder?
yep, that's correct
I managed to update the anim.wad by extracting it and then replacing the sepang2001 anm file in there before re-creating a new anim.wad. However, I'm still getting the pitstop bug. This is really strange. I noticed that in the 1993 track pack, Kyalami was the only circuit to feature an anm file within its folder.
Hello all,

I encountered the same problem in my 1993 Kyalami GP. There were two solutions suggested.
1. Change the first gear ratio (AI) to 25 or close to that.
2. This one solved my problem:
1. Go to the track sector that has the "Connect Pit Lane Start" flag.
2. Check in the "F0 Sector Orientation" command, for the "Direction" field.
3. Copy that value in the "Direction" field of the F0 command from Pitlane Sector zero.
4. Action Menu -> Fix cc-cars behavior.
5. Save .dat.

I hope this helps for you. Good luck
Thank you ever so much for this DaSilva. It worked! The gear ratios I already tried changing some time ago but that didn't change anything. However, your second solution did the job using GP4 Builder. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2023 10:33PM by TobiasF1.
could someone please upload the fixed dat file?
quickslick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> could someone please upload the fixed dat file?

Seconded. We need that dat fix.
If someone can send me the original dat file, I can do the fix and upload the fixed dat.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hi guys. I have the same problem with the Termas de Rio Hondo track. Could someone fix it too? Thanks in advance.
Here is a fixed DAT for Kyalami 1993.

[drive.google.com]
thank you very much Toby(Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy