New equipment setup on GP4

Posted by FishGaming 
New equipment setup on GP4
Date: November 24, 2022 07:47PM
Posted by: FishGaming
Hello all,

I am running into terrible issues trying to get modern equipment to work on this game. I have a simucube 2 Pro, huesinkveld pedals and sequential shifter.

So here is what I have done so far and the results.

The game only detects only 2 controllers, the problem with this is my wheel and pedals are not buttons and don't count as fire buttons. So when calibrating the wheel there is no fire button to continue with.

Second thing I've done is run gimx adapter to make my steering wheel/pedals to act as one logitech usb device. The second is the sequential shifter so I have a fire button for my calibrating.

I run it through the gimx adapter and logitech profiler and I have to use devreorder to set the logitech USB and shifter order to be recognize. The wheel and pedals are all detected BUT when calibrating the wheel, the pedals are inverted in the game's calibration. I have attempted to set inverted values for my axis on my gimx software but it then doesn't recognize the pedal at all.

So at the moment it looks like I will not be able to play this game at all.
Any help would be appreciated!
Re: New equipment setup on GP4
Date: November 24, 2022 10:01PM
An update on my original post. I attempted to run through the gimx adapter my wheel and shifter and have the pedals separate in joystick. This allowed for no pedal inversion issues and calibration because of having a fire button, but I am now unable to use my pedals in a match. They are detected in the calibration and the axis are all working with my inputs, but once I'm in a race nothing works for the pedals.

Again any help would be great.
Date: November 24, 2022 10:31PM
Posted by: mortal
Given the sim is is pretty old now it's unlikely you're going to get it properly recognized.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 25, 2022 05:00PM
I was actually able to get it all working.

For others using modern equipment here's the only way I could get it to work.

Use gimx adapter with config that includes wheel, pedals, and shifter. Set shift down as L1 and shift up as R1. This will come up as fire button 5 and 6 in game. Now the pedal axis will show inverted and you may have to run it a couple times but the pedals will work. I had to do it twice in calibration for it to function properly. The inverted portion beforehand was due to trying to run the shifter outside of the gimx adapter. For some reason the game likes it all being put into one group. This way I found all axis to be recognized and the shifter has the fire buttons allowing for configuration.

You can of course run more buttons or controllers through the gimx adapter since GP4 has 16 fire buttons for one controller it can recognize.

NOTE: one important thing is even with the FFB scale down to 20, I started the match and a car bumped me and the wheel jerked hard to the full rotation. So make sure to lower your FFB scale if using a high powered direct drive wheel!!!

I'm not sure how to mark this topic as completed and to be closed for others to see, but this is the solution for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2022 05:12PM by FishGaming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy