Help with textures and stickers

Posted by rracunis 
Help with textures and stickers
Date: November 11, 2022 10:11AM
Posted by: rracunis
I have been working on a car for the 11th team. This is a conversion car, there are 2 textures, the main one, and the stickers. In the first image below you can see that the stickers' textures are wrong. After reducing the polygon's size and other things, by luck, something happened and the texture is correct but only in the body's car despite now there being textures on both sides of the object, as you can see in the second image.
Maybe something related to transparency or something like that but out of my knowledge.
Any help to fix all the car textures would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Help with textures and stickers
Date: November 11, 2022 01:52PM
Posted by: fongu
Many modern games and modders now have overlay decals for the logos and other parts and it's jnot very compatible with GP4. Even though transparency is available on some objects, it does not work on car textures.
I only assume that these decal faces are on top of the livery (I'm not certain) - in which case the double faces can cause flickering in GP4. Personally I'd delete any faces mapped to the decals and paint on the main livery if that's how its set up.
Having said that, you are more than welcome to paint on any of my 2022 cars.

Re: Help with textures and stickers
Date: November 11, 2022 02:56PM
Posted by: rracunis
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many modern games and modders now have overlay
> decals for the logos and other parts and it's jnot
> very compatible with GP4. Even though transparency
> is available on some objects, it does not work on
> car textures.
> I only assume that these decal faces are on top of
> the livery (I'm not certain) - in which case the
> double faces can cause flickering in GP4.
> Personally I'd delete any faces mapped to the
> decals and paint on the main livery if that's how
> its set up.
> Having said that, you are more than welcome to
> paint on any of my 2022 cars.

Thank you for your reply and for the offer to paint on your cars. I am afraid I don't have enough skills for that.
The problem was the overlay decals, simply deleting them solved the issue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy