GP4 Difficulty - AI behaviours

Posted by senna_fan_1983 
GP4 Difficulty - AI behaviours
Date: October 27, 2022 10:46AM
Posted by: senna_fan_1983
Hi all,

I was looking to find out how the in-game difficulty settings affect the computer controller cars in GP4. (So nothing to do with driving aids for the human controlled car).

When upping the levels from Rookie to Ace, how would this have an affect on the behaviours of the AI?

I was wondering if this affects:

[*] Racing - Do they go for more daring passes? More intelligent in general?
    [*] Mistakes - Do they make less mistakes? Spin off / Crash less?
    [*] Speed - Are they generally harder opponents by straight line speed of car?
    [*] Failures - Do they encounter less technical issues?

Tried to pin this down myself just by trying different levels but I still cannot really tell how the difficulty is applied in-game?

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Re: GP4 Difficulty - AI behaviours
Date: October 27, 2022 11:16AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
As far as i know it affects only power and grip levels of AI. It can be set per track in Magic Data.
Less power means less torque and therefore slower acceleration (but no necessarily lower topspeeds), less grip means slower cornering (and most likely slower acceleration too).
I doubt racing, mistakes and failues are related to difficulty levels. Failures and mistakes can be adjusted both in magic data and performance files (but just in general per track / team / driver but not per diffculty level), about "racing" you can lower desc. 73 in magic data which results in less cautious CC cars in lap 1.
I don't think there is a difference in "intelligence" between Rookie and Ace levels.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: October 27, 2022 11:46AM
Posted by: senna_fan_1983
That's really interesting, Cheers Carl.

Makes sense (Y)
Date: October 27, 2022 10:23PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
In my experience, I think the AI drivers make less mistakes on Ace but it's not by very much

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy