TSM Problem

Posted by speedinmyveins 
TSM Problem
Date: September 09, 2022 06:27PM
Posted by: speedinmyveins
Hello there!

Since im very new to this game and site, i want to thank you guys for having such a great platform dedicated to not only making the game better but also teaching new players how to be able to use all these tools into having a joyous racing experience. It helped me learn great stuff like everything around the magic data, performance files, slipstream, fixing white cars in mods and much more.

Although, to get to the point, i've been having some trouble with learning how to use the TSM for a CSM or NON-CSM mod. I learnt how to install tracks in the TSM, create a profile and then load it into the game.
But then the problem comes. Without a CSM Mod, after i load the tracks from TSM profile, the cars appear to be driving over or under the actual track, like sort of flying around. And when i install a CSM mod, in my case the 2010 one, after i load the tracks from the TSM profile, when i start the game the tracks are back to the basic 17 ones from the 2001 season.
I looked so many tutorials and still am not able to get it right. The alternative is to download a NON-CSM mod that would have everything installed and while i learnt how to use the GP4 Tweaker Reloaded, it still does not contain some things like Increased Damage that the CSM has. Apart from that the TSM is just a too great of a tool to not be able to use it, so i plead for help from you guys in the hope that i get to learn how to properly and fully use it to its great potential.
Re: TSM Problem
Date: September 09, 2022 06:33PM
Posted by: Soutsen
The car flying indicates that the track's .DAT file loaded up with the wrong .WAD file. But I never used TSM for anything more than extracting tracks, and always converted them into the regular ones to avoid unnecessary work such as dealing with TSM and stuff
There are two versions of the GP4Tweaker. One comes in with just the folders that contain various tweak files and the actual GP4Tweaker which has many useful options and increased damage included. Search for them on these forums, or I hope someone can provide u a link.

Date: September 09, 2022 08:16PM
Posted by: speedinmyveins
I tried installing some of those tracks manually instead through TSM and they worked well , big ty for the suggestion man. Although after that i tried through TSM again and the cars were flying again lol. I even checked the TSM data and it was the correct WAD put along with the correct DAT.
About the tweakers, i searched for them few days ago and managed to find both the GUI and non-GUI one, and tried them out on a NON-CSM Mod. The GUI one didnt wanted to work on the NON-CSM Mod, saying that the gp4.exe is not clean, but the NON-GUI Tweaker worked on it, and i managed to changed lots of stuff in that game from 2003 quali rules to slipstream etc. The only minus to the NON-GUI Tweaker being that it cant tweak the damage the cars take sadly. I also found the Team Editor 3.5 and it helps a lot with the Performance Calculator and fully works with NON-CSM Mods. I guess the way forward for me would be only downloading the NON-CSM ones haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy