The Worst Track to play on GP4

Posted by OboroHD 
The Worst Track to play on GP4
Date: September 08, 2022 11:36PM
Posted by: OboroHD
I'm tired of playing good tracks, I want someone to send me the worst racetrack (or racetracks) ever made for GP4.

P.S I don't mean broken datlines, I mean just in general the worst tracks out there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2022 11:40PM by OboroHD.
Re: The Worst Track to play on GP4
Date: September 09, 2022 12:06AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Let me guess. It this the guy who was asking for a dressed Monaco lady a month ago or so, I guess?

Cos I cant imagine a second one person who is able to generate such b/s and trollish topics within such a short period of time. Too busy to check this out, but no need to award me with a 'Sherlock Holmes 2022' medal if the guess was right, cos it would be the most obvious guess I could've imagine in my life.

Cheerio to anyone willing to answer any seriously to this guy - if its him - again

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2022 12:10AM by Soutsen.
Date: September 09, 2022 02:44AM
Soutsen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let me guess. It this the guy who was asking for a
> dressed Monaco lady a month ago or so, I guess?
>
> Cos I cant imagine a second one person who is able
> to generate such b/s and trollish topics within
> such a short period of time. Too busy to check
> this out, but no need to award me with a 'Sherlock
> Holmes 2022' medal if the guess was right, cos it
> would be the most obvious guess I could've imagine
> in my life.
>
> Cheerio to anyone willing to answer any seriously
> to this guy - if its him - again
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> if

Pfft, heck no. If you go back to that topic, you'll see I was certainly not him. I was very against his stance with that. (I was the last guy to comment here [www.grandprixgames.org]). I am asking a genuine question. Something on par with Montreal 1994/5, Misano, the Valencia street track, Sochi, etc. I also wanted to get an opinion on what the community might consider the worst GP4 tracks, regardless of origins or creator. If that ruffled your feathers, I do deeply apologize. But this is not a troll topic. P.S I wasn't asking you specifically. As said earlier, this was a question aimed at... well anyone. Still, I hope I answered some questions and cleared things up. Hope you take care wherever you are, and stay safe.
Date: September 09, 2022 03:16AM
Posted by: Noog
:-)

In that case, I'll throw one into the mix, with a track that is stunningly original, really well done and which can be extremely captivating and even hilarious under the right circumstances: Laputa.

It's a fictional track with a huge tower that you have to drive up in a long, long, corkscrew (which has a strong tendency to make you feel sick and/or very bored) and later it has an unusually huge hill, where, if you deliberately break your front wing first, you will take off in a spectacular way and head rapidly towards near earth orbit before gravity brings you down in a flourish of disconnected car parts.

As I say, it's actually a masterpiece and I offer my full respect to the author as a demonstration of what GP4 can do, but as a competitive racetrack it really sucks.

(I mostly agree with your choices BTW, but Sochi?? Nah. I've had some great races on that one).
Date: September 09, 2022 04:02AM
OboroHD Wrote:
> Pfft, heck no.

Okay, my Sherlock mask goes into a trashcan forever this time and I'll never wear that one again.

I've had already some buzz generated by me wearing this one and suspecting some person doing the foul play at the GPGSL topics not that long ago, which got me kicked off from there with the great shame, so it's time to learn to respect people and stop being a 'unappreciated genius' or whatever is this happening with me sometimes. Sorry, mate. My bad (Y)

And great that the Monaco lady guy wasn't a troll, perhaps, then and these ten minutes I've spend on dressing her in Photoshop was not in vain (@)(@)(@)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2022 04:33AM by Soutsen.
Date: September 09, 2022 04:22AM
Hmm, okay. Answering your question seriously then makes me wonder a little. Every track can get broken if you're altering CC-line, as you've mentioned. I never liked the unfinished beta tracks w/o surroundings. I know Atticus did a hellouva job to make many of the really accurate basic dats, but I've never really used them as an actual source for playing the game. Even tho I really really like the good old Riverside track for example... Graphically there were some very basic works like the track by Zeppelin101 - if I remember his nickname right... But I can't say the layout was too bad. Or some works by the Chinese dude ASWinner - they can be related to the same cathegory too. People at the GPGSL have problems with the tracks mainly at the S-type curves like first corner at Melbourne or Zolder chicane, etc etc. Pinarema or Pasagrada had reputation of a troubled tracks as I can recall. But based on my own experience I've learned that at least for a CC-only races CC-line can be altered to the point where there's no problem whatsoever. Other thing is if you want to make them follow the real players/real drivers routes, and that's where it can get tricky to keep CC-cars from bumping each other off the track and also keep them competative and realistic in terms of the lines they chose.

Shortwood Park conversion made by Jimbob from TOCA RD had the trouble point, but that can be fixed by altering a CC-line, MD file, editing DAT a little and moving a little bit further some track objects at the .wad to comply with cosmetical design at that point. Misano, as you've stated has a very obvious bizarre point, but I never had a look on it in terms of can it be fixed or not. But they're both are ecxellent in terms of graphical surroundings.

Tbh, I can't really say that there was a track that I found to be really unpleasing to my taste or something like that, but I remember that I had some very cool findings like a 'California' track made by someone based on Sepang and it was a very, VERY cool track at least for my personal taste - both layout and graphics, which were simple but right in the spot.

Date: September 09, 2022 01:14PM
Soutsen Wrote:
> OboroHD Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Pfft, heck no.
>
> Okay, my Sherlock mask goes into a trashcan
> forever this time and I'll never wear that one
> again.
>
> I've had already some buzz generated by me wearing
> this one and suspecting some person doing the foul
> play at the GPGSL topics not that long ago, which
> got me kicked off from there with the great shame,
> so it's time to learn to respect people and stop
> being a 'unappreciated genius' or whatever is this
> happening with me sometimes. Sorry, mate. My bad
> (Y)
>
> And great that the Monaco lady guy wasn't a troll,
> perhaps, then and these ten minutes I've spend on
> dressing her in Photoshop was not in vain
> (@)(@)(@)

It's fine, dude. Sorry again if I came across as a troll. I probably should have worded my question better, but that's life.
Date: September 09, 2022 03:20PM
Posted by: viking75
:-):-) You want the worst tracks ? I think that nobody ever created the worst I did for the Star wars mod by dave4. Take any different free dats in the GP4 data base and do the same.

Date: September 09, 2022 04:46PM
Haha this dude, yes. He came upon my mind with his bizarre mods, but I never heard that he was altering the track graphics as well. But again it may be a bizarre, but still a very unique experience and I think it is great that he was trying to find the limits of what can be done based on the GP4 engine. Reminds me a bit the Star Wars mod for a Mount And Blade Warband game which is originally just a medieval melee fight type of a game.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: September 09, 2022 08:15PM
viking75 Wrote:
> :-):-) You want the worst tracks ? I think that
> nobody ever created the worst I did for the Star
> wars mod by dave4. Take any different free dats in
> the GP4 data base and do the same.
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]
>
> [zupimages.net]

Oh my lord, that last track looks seizure inducing. If I can't find those tracks, would you be willing to send them to me directly in PMs?
Date: September 09, 2022 08:43PM
Posted by: zifox
Amazing ! :-O

Do cars do blaster noises when you shift gears ? (H)
Date: September 10, 2022 10:29AM
Posted by: viking75
Each time you gear or brake there's a laser gun noise. You have the mod here, on the thread of davegp4 :

[www.grandprixgames.org]

The tracks I created are by me for my personal use. I took the dat files on the GP4database. In fact, I downloaded them but I changed the name after each of my works (this is a cosmos series for a funny star wars championship), so I don't know who are the different authors. Difficult to upload on the forum without knowing their name.
Date: September 12, 2022 08:22PM
Posted by: bungle79
There's no challenge creating something that's sh!t. You could literally do it yourself in 5 minutes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2022 08:25PM by bungle79.
Date: September 12, 2022 11:03PM
bungle79 Wrote:
> There's no challenge creating something that's
> sh!t. You could literally do it yourself in 5
> minutes.

Yes there is. You don't just make a bad track. You have to think about the lack of fun, the awkward chicanes, the the flow of the track. Laputa, as someone mentioned earlier, is a prime example. Not in a shitposty or unfinished type of way. More so in a funny mentally draining type of way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy