Visually Impaired

Posted by OgroDangerous 
Visually Impaired
Date: August 19, 2022 02:47AM
Posted by: OgroDangerous
Good evening!
My name is Sidney Jones, I am visually impaired, with 5% vision.
I downloaded MOD2021 from #Carl_gpgames, but I'm having trouble seeing the tires with this new texture.
It confuses a lot for me that I am disabled.
Could someone instruct me on how to change the tires on the cars so that it can have better visibility for me?
I'm just a user, I have no idea how to do it and what tools to use. :(

Please help me, I really like this game and I don't know how to play the default anymore, I love these MODS!

:-(
Re: Visually Impaired
Date: August 19, 2022 09:42PM
Posted by: mralpha
Hello. Even if not like yours, I also have "problems" of sight, in the sense that I am hyperopic at 12/10, so too close images cause me a little annoyance. Too bad that for my 53 years you begin to see little closely ;-);-);-). The problem with the tires that you encountered in Carl's MOD I have noticed them too, but they do not depend on the view. The tires are set well on the cockpit view, but not on the TCam view, where the "Pirelli" rim is not seen from the side, but on the top of the tire. There was a tutorial on how to install textures, but I can't find it.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2022 09:47PM by mralpha.
Date: August 19, 2022 10:28PM
Posted by: automobilista
My friend, you only need SlimTex and Photoshop. With slimtex you can transform .TEX files into .TGA files, edit them in Photoshop as you see fit and return to .TEX format. On Youtube you can find someone explaining this with images, if that makes it easier for you.
Date: August 19, 2022 10:52PM
Posted by: mralpha
If I remember correctly, the tire textures were already done for all views of the car. Surely there is to act on the GP4 "cars" file with easywad or similar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy