What file do i need to edit to change gp4 camera position

Posted by edgard123123123123 
I want to make the Tv-cam have an offset like the real life version
That would be be GP4Tweaker afaik but I believe it does not work in tandem with CSM, perhaps someone can confirm that fact.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Non-CSM:
I made some cams changes in the past and it worked. But today iam trying o changes some cams with teameditor 3.5, I click "apply all changes", its says done. But when I check it in-game it doesnt do anything. What I do wrong?
Yeah GP4Tweaker works pretty damn well, but what about keeping those camera angles saved? Cos the moment you quite the game, there goes the camera repositioning.
landex Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Non-CSM:
> I made some cams changes in the past and it
> worked. But today iam trying o changes some cams
> with teameditor 3.5, I click "apply all changes",
> its says done. But when I check it in-game it
> doesnt do anything. What I do wrong?

I do it this way, and it works. Are you sure you edited the camera for the correct team ? Each team has its own TCam position.
(and have you checked that you modified the good exe ? Happens to me all the time, since I have 3 or 4 of them in the same folder...)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2022 10:08PM by zifox.
zifox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> landex Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Non-CSM:
> > I made some cams changes in the past and it
> > worked. But today iam trying o changes some
> cams
> > with teameditor 3.5, I click "apply all
> changes",
> > its says done. But when I check it in-game
> it
> > doesnt do anything. What I do wrong?
>
>
> I do it this way, and it works. Are you sure you
> edited the camera for the correct team ? Each team
> has its own TCam position.
> (and have you checked that you modified the good
> exe ? Happens to me all the time, since I have 3
> or 4 of them in the same folder...)

Thanks zifox! Well, it seams to work now. But I still dont know why it didnt work...
I made a copy of the mod to another drive, made what you said:" you checked that you modified the good exe" in the tweaker, and it worked. It changes the something in the car.wad .
some explenation on this topic:

Does gp4tweaker work with CSM?
Yes, it does. The only difference is, that you can't directly install GP4 tweaker and then use CSM. Most CSM mods swap all the tweaker files, patch the gp4.exe to enable tweaker and then restore those files once the mod is unloaded. That's why you should use a clean installation of GP4 only (together with gpxpatch and the decrypted exe) with CSM.

How can i change camera coordinates in a CSM mod?
That depends on the mod's structure. Most CSM mods contain a folder "Tweaker" where you'll find an *.ini-file per team that contains the camera positions. You can simply edit them with any text editor.

Why doesn't real time edit doesn't save the new coordinates in a CSM mod?
Most CSM mods create ("merge" ) new tweaker config-files from other (more organized) files, where the coordinates are stored. If you use real time edit, Tweaker will actually write the new coordinates to the (temporary) *.-ini files, but CSM will revert to the mod's default coordinates when the mod is restored (because it delete's the merged temporary *.ini-files).

Hope that helps.
If you use real time edit in a standalone mod, your changes will be saved.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy