car windows bug

Posted by huskyman49 
car windows bug
Date: July 20, 2022 02:11PM
Posted by: huskyman49

creating a mod of the ETCC 1984 using AC cars as a base I'm getting most unwanted results with the windows (z_cockpit_visor) as you can see...
Couldn't find a reason for and also can't get rid of that effects. It doesn't seem to be a f1graphics.cfg problem as I ran another mod in the same GP4 installation and it worked well without that bug.
Also I use the same glass.tga as in the other mod that works but it didn't make any difference.
So every helpful idea is more than welcome!

many thanks in advance
Karl
Re: car windows bug
Date: July 20, 2022 02:33PM
Recently I put a ETCC car into another mod and to my surprise the window bug was gone :-O
So what parameter in my ETCC mod could cause this strange behaviour???
Date: July 20, 2022 05:07PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Hi Karl, nice to see that you continue with the conversions. I almost don't remember how they were done, but how did you assign the texture in Zmodeler?
Do the textures have an alpha channel?
If you want send me the BMW and I'll look at it

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: August 24, 2022 07:30PM
Hi Ariel,
sorry for the very late answer. Some family affairs and lots of other tasks kept me away from GP4 for a while.
Meanwhile I solved the windows bug quite simply - I just copied the mod into another one which worked and everything was o.k. Used to occasionally sometimes strange behaviour of our beloved game I don't care about the reasons anymore if I can solve the problem my way.
I also finished the ETCC 1983 mod and recently I converted a nice 1980 kart (without bodywork) from ACC and put it in a mod. Unfortunately we don't have any Kart tracks so I pimped the Boromo fictional track (otherwise useless for me) and made Kartdromo (fictional ;)) in Parma/Italy out of it.
The AC kart had one disadvantage - no driver. As I didn't find a driver who fitted properly I adapted one, cutting him into pieces and rebuilding the parts - the result isn't looking too bad.
I f you want you may get the two mods from me - I don't want to share them with others.

best wishes to you and your family
Karl
Date: August 24, 2022 08:14PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Thanks Karl, you have a PM

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy