@madman

Posted by Stan 
@madman
Date: July 07, 2003 12:18PM
Posted by: Stan
i had a small idea in my mind that i it works wel get a great cockpit in gp4 :P
diff cockpit shapes for all cars ;)
madman is it possible via gp4 tweaker to enable the data on the steering wheel to be visible also on the wheel in tcam mode?
if we can do that all we have to do is place the tcam position were the helmet is in that way wel get a diff cockpit shape and a more realistic cockpit with drivers hands too
and witout losing the valuable data on the wheel
Cheers

Re: @madman
Date: July 07, 2003 02:06PM
Posted by: Madman271
There are two problems when drawing to external steer-wheel texture:

1) External steering-wheel actually using 2 textures, first for the wheel itself and second part is for LCD. These textures also does not rendered in original texture dimension but stretched down few percents than original. When we draw from original texture, then any text/images drawn on it will also be stretched and won't readable. We can't draw to stretched textures because they're already mapped to video memory and prepared for rendering stage.

2) Only limited information can be drawn to external steering-wheel textures. The layout also won't be arranged easily. This is different than internal steering-wheel where the shape layout has already prepared for drawing valuable information such as current gear, rpm, etc.

However, half of this limitation has been solved when you use GPxPatch. You can read all informations about the car status from external view.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: July 12, 2003 02:41AM
Posted by: b-tone
is it possible to make the tweaker settings savable to a file that then might be used with Zaz's csm?
as a SwapFile, or more?

I guess its now possible to SwapFile the gp4tweak.bin?

Thanks

____
Tony

Date: July 12, 2003 07:51AM
Posted by: Madman271
Format of gp4tweak.bin has documented in BinFile SDK. You can load the document for v1.042 from tweaker site. Click Mr. Smith below. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy