About the default Monaco loading screen.

Posted by eldiadelacallampa 
About the default Monaco loading screen.
Date: July 09, 2022 02:50PM
Posted by: eldiadelacallampa
Hello guys, it's Franco again.
Do you know a way to get some clothes for the lady on the default loading screen for the Monaco track?
Because nudity is utterly irritating, not just for me but to some members of the community.
Also, did the censors fail to notice this and not age-restrict GP4? Was the game tolerated in Muslim countries?
I will be happy to see your replies.
P.S. By "clothes", I don't mean buying literal clothes for her.
I just want you to release a censored verson of the loading screen where the lady is wearing something.
Maybe clothes appropriate for the time, like an elegant gown, because I know that she was made long ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2022 02:55PM by eldiadelacallampa.
Re: About the default Monaco loading screen.
Date: July 09, 2022 03:21PM
Posted by: kedy89
Date: July 09, 2022 04:24PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Nudity in non-sexual context, especially in paintings and sculptures, has been widely accepted in Western cultures for centuries, regardless of age. The current guidelines for the PEGI age ratings, for example, state that depictions of nudity in those cases are not restricted to any specific age group. In short, in our cultures it's a non-issue.

We also have to account for the time period when the game was originally released. Back then, it was still the norm for games to be released in CDs and DVDs, unlike the digital distribution from the likes of Steam that is so common nowadays - so it's hard to know which countries got an official release back then. This was also before F1 itself had any races in the Middle East, before China, before Turkey, just to name a few. So it's fair to assume there really wasn't much consideration about what could be accepted or offensive in different cultures.

The censorship in the game is basically restricted to hiding tobacco and alcohol sponsors, even though a few beverages unknown to the developers slip through the final product - Microprose was a fairly small studio from what we know. By the way, back then there was no PEGI rating either.

What can we do about the loading screen for those who find it offensive? Former Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi gave the solution when he received a visit from the Iranian president back in 2016...

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: July 09, 2022 09:52PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
You have got to be joking ;)
See it as a test, if you can look at the statue and keep it your pants without touching it, your God will be pleased with you for avoiding temptation. How can you prove your faith if it is not tested?
Why is the burden on women to cover up, rather than on men to learn self control? Added to that - it's a statue for heaven's sake!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: July 10, 2022 05:30PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Looking at the Monaco loading screen gives me always a statue somewhere.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 10, 2022 09:53PM
Posted by: OboroHD
Date: July 10, 2022 10:41PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Bro, listen...

This game was released in 2002 and you feel that now is the time to complain about the statue in the original Monaco loading screen?

Sorry, but if this bothers you, download loadingscreens from the community and this is solved. There is nothing else you can do. Microprose and Geoff Crammond will not give a crap.

You are the only one who have the power to make the statue lady "disapear" from your version of the game. So use that power instead of complaining to the community about a 20 year old loadingscreen

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: July 10, 2022 10:45PM
Posted by: zifox
WTF ? Nudity. On a statue ? That's just plain stupid. And I don't use that word lightly.

There is no problem with nudity, if it's not a mean to diminish women. I don't know where you live, but mentioning censors (which don't exist in our societies, we don't need anyone to tell us what we can see or not) you might try to open your mind and try to understand what you request underpins. (starting with salvasirignano's last sentence)
Date: July 10, 2022 11:51PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
How we passed from grid girls mod request in early days to this one? :)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: July 11, 2022 12:32AM
Posted by: Soutsen
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lmao

I have to agree. Talking about the statue in frigging 2022 when the world is loaded with all kind of videos and pictures satisfying all the kinds of what you can think of... If you can't stand nudity in any form than there is a lot much to be worried about for you, rather than talking about some picture found in 20-years old racing sim. Wtf is this, lol?

If you're serious then my try on response would be reminding to you that severe mind control and censorship occured not that far ago. Somewhere at the point when GP4 came out there were games like Soldier Of Fortune where you could dismember the bodies of enemies with the gun, or Fallout franchise where you could freely blow kids/children up with dynamite. Gosh, even the most popular well-recieved title like GTA 3 and Vice City had rampage mode where the challenge was precisely to kill bunch of people within a half of a minute or so with different type of weapon. I don't think there was any major issue with video games related to sex before hot-coffee scandal happened somewhere in 2005 when GTA SA came out. Anyway, PEGI rating system (wikipedia link) has been formed in 2003, not before any of the games I mentioned came out (except GTA SA), so I don't know what to talk about. I don't know who exactly owns the rights to GP4 game, but as far as I know, the game is has been not re-released or re-published anywhere (via Steam or anything like that) and currently it is freely distributed on the Internet in the form in which it was released in 2002. Perhaps someday the bigotry will reach the point that the image that worries you will be recognized as illegal and then the game will be impossible to obtain, but right now there is no such thing. If you're new on interwebs and all this well-known info I mentioned above is new to you - then I feel great for you, cos there is even more for you to know in the future. If you're seriously despise the fact that GP4 game includes the image of a statue showing females breasts... Then I dunno what to think about even.

Date: July 11, 2022 01:24AM
Well, okay I kinda misread the message where you just kind of wanted the censored version of a monaco lady and also went through you profile just to check you're not a troll. Hopefully you're just a parent who don't want their children to see the females beauties too early or for religious reasons or beliefs, and since I can theoretically allow this possibility to take place in reality, so here you go:
there was a 'dressed' version of a Monaco lady from the original loading screen
download and place this in 'Grand Prix 4/Tracks/Monaco/2001'
Hope this works for you, I mean I know this is not perfect, but I didn't want to put much effort and don't want to get myself back working on this in the future. Didn't want to sound harsh on my initial response either, and no more comments from me on this. Best wishes (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2022 04:46AM by Soutsen.
Lmao. Thank you very much for the new loading screen by the way.
Date: July 16, 2022 12:02AM
This is just embarrassing. I mean, seriously? I was kidding earlier with the 'cope' thing, but I really was not expecting someone to bow down to this one dude's needs over a game that's two decades old! But hey, at least we have good mods, tracks, and literally too many loading screens to count (along with the fact you can literally just make a custom one with MS Paint). So yay, but not really yay. P.S Soutsen, you were totally correct. You didn't need to give this utter wimp what he wants.
Date: September 09, 2022 04:45AM
@OboroHD
The only thing that embarasses me about this all is the fact that the guy needs the reality to be corrected this way and I've kinda followed that misguiding route. Yes, there are different religions, moral, beliefs and stuff. But the reality stays as it is - the monaco lady wasn't dressed back then and isn't dressed for now either afaik. All the guy needed is just to use the different Monaco screenshot, cos the city is obv consists of many other stuff, not just statues of naked ladies. So yeah, I didn't like much what I was doing back then and now I see how stupid it is to distort reality in such forms and in the way as I accidentaly was leaned into. That's why I remove the 'dressed' Monaco lady from my previous post here and if you feel bad with the original one, included in original game - just use many other loading screen versions for this track or ask people to do one for you (using real life photoes or something imaginative or abstract, but I'm not into making the 'fakes', even if it was a dressing, rather than the opposite).

Thanks Oboro for reminding me about this my embarrasement and you was generally right with what you've stated above (Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2022 04:50AM by Soutsen.
Date: September 09, 2022 09:01AM
Posted by: Noog
I heard that Monaco lady went trans and next season she's going to be sporting a big plastic cock and a beard...
Date: September 11, 2022 01:59AM
Noog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard that Monaco lady went trans and next
> season she's going to be sporting a big plastic
> cock and a beard...

It could happen. And it'll probably happen when Monaco moves it's practice days to Friday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy