A complicated new manager series I have for you to offer

Posted by Soutsen 
Okay, guys, as the title pretty much says - I'd want to know how many of you here are willing to join the series that use the most of what's available to us for editing - the separate error drivers chances, braking ranges, the excel calculations involving the random numbers generators and so on. I'm currently involved into the F1 Manager project and want to continue with that as well, but at the same time I feel like it was giving to me not much than the usual 'comment after race' rule and selection of some basic parts of the car/choosing drivers at the start of the season and 3 testing sessions during the year, which is fine, but again the game can give you some more range for. I dont want to spoil their fun of keeping it more or less simple, but at the same time I have some developments that I was using for my own series...which had started from me and my brother snapping the paper formulas back in 2001 or so lol:

They weve made from the paper of different weights and thicknesses (so the back of the 'car' that was using by us for snapping and sending them forward was more solid and therefore they would go further, or less solid and so they would stay behind) also the bottom side was wholly/partly/non equipped with scotch tape representing the different tyre brands, lol. After discovering about the GP4 back in 2005 we have switched to using this one for our series and with some time and help of developers like SDI making more and more functions to be used, it has become pretty complicated one with lots of economical management and excel calculations with some effect of randomness and complexity - like with the drivers not only having the different error chances and brake values but also gaining experience and having different traits with performing better on the street circuits only, or during the qualy only, or at their homeland, or at the circuits where they have 3 podiums before or performing slightly worse when topping the leaderbords after round 6 for example, or whatever team they would like to be signed to, and different level of patience during the negotiations and so on. Also mixed up with other parts of the car and manufacturers such as chassis/engine/tyres/brakes/fuel/electronics suppliers and a detailed sponsorship system with some drivers having the personal sponsors and their nation (as well as engine suppliers nation) affect the the likeness of the sponsors to come and initially you even spend some budget money on signing sponsorship deal, but signing the better one for the bigger cost provides you better payments after the race, depends on your position, and also the permanent prize-money, so it can be possible to sustain even having no sponsors (tho it can be hard obv, especially in the long-term run). I'm even thinking on adding the Racing Director role for you to have some kind of detailed info on what car part does what when selecting the suppliers and the bigger or lesser range of options to chose itself depending on their skill, Chief Designer that would affect how likely your car can be improved (cos initially lots of the suppliers have not a strict values, but a range of them like using the Shell fuel can add you from 2 to 7 to eninge bhp power and so on, and you can leave it as it is, so it will be generated from these values every time before every session, or you can try to impove it and make from 5 to 7 which is more useful obv) and Head of Marketing Department to get better sponsors and drivers more likely (and again the better or worse range of options to chose from).

So, this is a concept and I was at some point into making a single-player excel game cos it is extremely fun with using the random number generator and allows to get rid of the predictable results with the same guys having challenging for the win every time depending on their perf and BHP values in the original game but then after discovering it can be done I just kind of gave up proceeding into making it in the full form, but still have some good excel workouts that can be totally useful for creating something fun. Too bad btw SDI still doesn't making ALL the Magic Data values to be separate for all the drivers - for example the tyre choice or the lever of the tyre degradation or different pit strategies. Guess he was a bit discouraged with the latest 'braking aggressiveness' thingy he made car-dependable it wasn't working quite as he probably was thinking it would, but that's another story. Thanks for reading and leave comments here or I think you can join the discord server to discuss the rules and other over there:
[discord.gg]

Ah, and overall it should be 2 options really - it is either it will be based on my own series I was playing with my brother till 2012 or so, with all the teams, budgets, a mix of fictional drivers and real ones generated and so on. This one was called Formula 23 for us (yea, not the Formula 1, but rater both 2 and 3 to show how worse it was, and from roleplay point of view if has been explained by the fact that the average age of the drivers was 23) and should be starting from year 2012. Or we can just start a completely new one with your own team names, the budgets, bunch of fictional drivers to be generated from scratch again and we can start from any season - like from 2022 or from 2000 if you want it and name it whatever you want it - World Master Series, or Formula Super League, International Formula Major - whatever. But the most unwanted scenario for me would be a try to replicate the actual F1 seasons with all the real drivers, teams, principals and so on. We have the real Formula One to follow and GP4 game is outdated to properly simulate anything that goes beyond 2008 or so. It's just what I think about it and adding the fictional names nobody are familiar with can get some needed entertaining effect hopefully.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2022 04:19PM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy