Tire Walls rotate backwards

Posted by Skreeth 
Tire Walls rotate backwards
Date: February 08, 2022 04:24AM
Posted by: Skreeth
Super 1998 Mod by Duffer, love it looks amazing!,
just this little glitch with the tire walls rotating backwards, there's probably a simple fix, but I'm stumped.
Any ideas?
Re: Tire Walls rotate backwards
Date: February 08, 2022 06:10AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Check/change this line from f1graphics.cfg (you can open it with notepad or similar program):

1 ; Rotate wheels via textures v2

If it's 1 change it to 0 or other way around.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2022 06:12AM by vesuvius.
Date: February 08, 2022 07:58AM
Did as you suggested, and I'm sorry to say it didn't work. They still rotate backwards. :(
Date: February 08, 2022 07:36PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Skreeth schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Super 1998 Mod by Duffer, love it looks amazing!,
>
> just this little glitch with the tire walls
> rotating backwards, there's probably a simple fix,
> but I'm stumped.
> Any ideas?

Convert the tyre sidewall textures to tga with Slimtex and then convert back to tex again, using the "Flip" function. I think you also have to select macros "Cars 1" then.
Date: February 08, 2022 09:24PM
Posted by: deokastyler
Also maybe it could work if you check the first row in the f1graphics.cfg

1 ; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0) # Set this to 1 so the f1graphics.cfg controls every graphical aspect of the game. I hope it helps, if not you might have to do what @TGF1Driver2 suggested.
Date: February 09, 2022 03:03AM
Posted by: Jordhy
Hello, for me it worked normal after the change indicated, thanks for sharing the knowledge. 1 ; f1graphics.cfg controla todas as configurações (padrão 0) # Defina como 1 para que o f1graphics.cfg controle todos os aspectos gráficos do jogo. Espero que ajude, caso contrário, você pode ter que fazer o que o @TGF1Driver2 sugeriu.
Date: February 09, 2022 12:09PM
Before I checked the forum, I checked the Globalvars.ini file. something told me the problem was there and I found something that caught my attention,
as you go down the list there is a little section called "Stuff",on it there's a line that says rotate=0. So out of curiosity I changed the 0 to 1, and it worked, they rotated forward.
But the crazy thing is, I went back to the file so I could remember where it was in case I ran into the same problem again, and the number was 0 again,
so I went back in the game again thinking that they would rotate backwards again, but they rotate forward.
I don't know why it worked out this way, and it bugs the hell out of me, because I want to know why.
So if anyone has an answer i'd be most grateful.
And as always I thank you all for you help.
Date: February 09, 2022 06:07PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
rotate=0 is for 3d wheels and rotate=1 for 2d wheels.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: February 10, 2022 05:48AM
I think I understand, Thank you I will keep an eye out for it if it happens again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy