more than 17 races per season

Posted by sylvio42 
more than 17 races per season
Date: January 03, 2022 06:13PM
Posted by: sylvio42
Hello everyone,

how do you make the seasons realistic with all the races? knowing that we can only have 17 races in the game?

Sylvio42
Re: more than 17 races per season
Date: January 04, 2022 08:20AM
Posted by: Hinyaldee
Heya, you need to create two separate track profiles for the same season and alternate between the two depending on the track you want to race on
Date: January 04, 2022 10:30AM
Posted by: Saiborgas
I on the contrary wanted the 17 races to count for the championship but it only counts 15 or 16 depending on the mods. How can i make this? Is there a file in CSM that can be changed? Sorry for the off topic...
Date: January 04, 2022 11:55AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Saiborgas
I on the contrary wanted the 17 races to count for the championship but it only counts 15 or 16 depending on the mods. How can i make this? Is there a file in CSM that can be changed? Sorry for the off topic...

In ZaZ GP4 Tools\Extra you find a file nr_champ_races.cap.
You can copy this file to Data\Patch of your csm mod and edit its last value with a hex-editor:

It's the number of races for a championshipseason in hexadecimal. Max number is 17. You need to edit the value in hexadecimal:
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
10=a
11=b
12=c
13=d
14=e
15=f
16=10
17=11

Edit: If you want the default 17 races, you can just remove this file from the patch folder.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2022 12:02PM by Carl_gpgames.
Date: January 04, 2022 03:43PM
Posted by: Saiborgas
Many thanks Carl, i used to play the last races as non-championship but now that won't happen anymore.

Cheers
Date: January 05, 2022 12:43AM
Posted by: SundayDriver
I usually drive non championship races and control championship standings and things like that in spreadsheets.

Basically my current season has 25 races. Considering I organize my race weekends just like real F1 (FP2 and qualy on saturdays, race on sundays) it takes half a year to compete in a full season (8-9 months considering preseason time).
Date: January 06, 2022 09:50AM
Posted by: petrus
To manage the results I have written the Season Result Tools.

petrus' gpaedia files
Date: February 02, 2022 09:36AM
Posted by: sylvio42
Yes, ido that but the "performance" is doesn't do for more than 17 tracks

example of the season 2018 : first season with more than 17 races

the first track profiles are race 1(Australia) to race 17 (Japan)
The second track profile is just brazil (track 18) and the performance are not brazil but Australia ... :-(
Date: March 26, 2022 07:41PM
Posted by: petrus
sylvio42:
example of the season 2018 : first season with more than 17 races, the first track profiles are race 1(Australia)  to race 17 (Japan)
The second track profile is just brazil (track 18) and the performance are not brazil but Australia

It is not easy to understand, what you are talking about here.
- First, Interlagos as the only track in the second track profile happened in season 2008, not 2018.
- Second, with "performance" you mean, the loading of the track, right?
If this track is Melbourne instead of Interlagos, the program most certainly did not find Interlagos in the track profile (and loaded the default track 1 instead).
Check your second track profile for correct writing and check, if the specified Interlagos track does exist in the given folder.

petrus' gpaedia files
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy