How to make an offline league?

Posted by callmetex 
How to make an offline league?
Date: November 19, 2021 12:43PM
Posted by: callmetex
I sincerely apologize for my lack of knowledge -- I've been wanting to make an offline league with a few fictional drivers I made with a friend (long story, we are dorks), so we can watch the computers play around. I decided that GP4 is the best method of doing this, but I don't really know where to start or how to; I already have the basic tools installed, and I'm not really looking for a guide on how to use them, more of what to use and why. I appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks!

For more help, I would like to go full immersion on this -- changing driver pictures, driver names, cars, jumpsuits for the engineers, have a nice TV HUD for streaming, etc; like it is an actual thing that is happening and being transmitted. I know it's just for me and my friend (I really don't intend on showing this to the world), but I would like to go all out for the sake of my own personal enjoyment. Thanks again! I am willing to use Photoshop and whatnot to the fullest, so no worries about that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2021 01:16PM by callmetex.
Re: How to make an offline league?
Date: November 20, 2021 09:16AM
Posted by: Noog
You aren't getting any answers because you are asking many questions at the same time and answering all of them would be several hours work - and it would lead to more questions; leading to more work. GP4 is a complex game with a huge learning curve!

That's all fine, but you'd get more responses if you tackled things by asking questions one at a time. But with that said, here's something to get you started.

How to change driver pics:

You are talking about the ones in the game menu (probably), so here's how I would do that.

1. Install ZazTools - this set of tools will give you a small but useful app called slimtex.exe which can convert a .tga file to a .gpi file.
2. Locate the 'original' pics - these live in the GP4//MenuData/PC/GP2001/Images/ folder - and here's a list of which driver is which:

Team 1:
-Driver 1: image 33
-Driver 2: image 61

Team 2:
-Driver 1: image 193
-Driver 2: image 63

Team 3:
-Driver 1: image 72
-Driver 2: image 272

Team 4:
-Driver 1: image 66
-Driver 2: image 62

Team 5:
-Driver 1: image 56
-Driver 2: image 55

Team 6:
-Driver 1: image 60
-Driver 2: image 74

Team 7:
-Driver 1: image 75
-Driver 2: image 270

Team 8:
-Driver 1: image 68
-Driver 2: image 273

Team 9:
-Driver 1: image 269
-Driver 2: image 268

Team 10:
-Driver 1: image 70
-Driver 2: image 64

Team 11:
-Driver 1: image 304
-Driver 2: image 271

You can change the size of these (and there's a post on the forum somewhere which tells you how to do it), but for now I'd stick with 256x256 - so find your new driver pic, re-size it to 256x256, save it as a tga and then use slimtex to convert it to a .gpi and copy to the images folder.

Hope that helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy