GPxPatch Multi-feature

Posted by huskyman49 
GPxPatch Multi-feature
Date: November 14, 2021 08:40PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I have that 1992 NASCAR Mod almost ready which I would share with the community but there's one problem:
I made a performance.txt file for every oval track and want to use the Multi function in the GPxSet feature. But unfortunately I don't know how to do it.
Any help is welcome and accelerates the release of the Mod... ;-)

Maybe I should mention I stored the files in a folder named 'Performance'. I figure I have also to set some parameters in some *.ini file - but in which one and how?

Re: GPxPatch Multi-feature
Date: November 14, 2021 09:57PM
Posted by: Noog
Click the multi button and select the required PF for each track

(You can leave the PF you probably already have in the previous Performance File field. It'll be ignored)

The selections you make will be reflected in gpxdata/gpxset.ini in the [PerfManager] section

Alternatively, you can reverse this, ie you can put your requirements directly into gpxset.ini and the multi button field will populate themselves.
Date: November 15, 2021 08:48PM
Many thanks so far...
I put the first, second and third performance.txt in the first three fields of the Multi feature, started the game but when I quit and looked at the gpxset.ini nothing had changed in it.
When I started the game again, only the first line was still there, the second and third had disappeared :-o
So what to do?
Date: November 15, 2021 08:53PM
btw I didn't try to use the reverse option because I didn't know how to formulate the lines in the [PerfManager] section of the gpxset.ini... ?
Date: November 15, 2021 09:00PM
I suspect it only updates the gpxset.ini once each PF is used - because that's what multi does to the names too, ie the 'new' names aren't shown in the game driver selection screen until the PF has been used, then they do show after that (and next time).

Maybe try again and just briefly load track 2 and track 3, then check gpxset.ini. I think you'll find it will populate as expected.

Alternatively, you could just stick this in your gpxset.ini:

[PerfManager]
Enable=1
Path=gpxpdata\Performance\00.txt
Path01=gpxpdata\Performance\01.txt
Path02=gpxpdata\Performance\02.txt
Path03=gpxpdata\Performance\03.txt
Path04=gpxpdata\Performance\04.txt
Path05=gpxpdata\Performance\05.txt
Path06=gpxpdata\Performance\06.txt
Path07=gpxpdata\Performance\07.txt
Path08=gpxpdata\Performance\08.txt
Path09=gpxpdata\Performance\09.txt
Path10=gpxpdata\Performance\10.txt
Path11=gpxpdata\Performance\11.txt
Path12=gpxpdata\Performance\12.txt
Path13=gpxpdata\Performance\13.txt
Path14=gpxpdata\Performance\14.txt
Path15=gpxpdata\Performance\15.txt
Path16=gpxpdata\Performance\16.txt
Path17=gpxpdata\Performance\17.txt

Thus getting everything done in one go!

Notice that I don't use the track names in my PFs. It doesn't matter what names you use, but I find it less confusing. Also, if I decide to change the track, the PF still works because it refers to the slot, not the track, because in some mods I like to have two track sets to choose from.

PS: You can also copy gpxset.ini across from mod to mod too, which is easier than using the Multi button 17 times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2021 09:04PM by Noog.
Date: November 17, 2021 05:41PM
I did as you told me and (I) ... it worked!
Thank you so much (B)
Date: November 17, 2021 06:39PM
My pleasure. Your help was very valuable back in February when I had problems with my conversion project, so it was great to be able to give a little something back.

(B)

PS: I forgot to mention, your mod looks excellent. Looking forward to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2021 06:40PM by Noog.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy