open an .gp4 file

Posted by landex 
open an .gp4 file
Date: November 13, 2021 07:43AM
Posted by: landex
Is there a way to open an .gp4 file only for viewing, like in another form like an dll?
I like to make an database for objects and textures, to make easier to find.
Re: open an .gp4 file
Date: November 13, 2021 10:11AM
Posted by: Duffer
I'am not really understand what you want :-)
Sorry i can't answer :)

--------------------------------------------

Date: November 13, 2021 10:47AM
Posted by: Noog
It should be possible, but I doubt anything exists. That said, here's what I do in my WinXP virtual machine to tackle the problem of viewing lots of texs easily.

1. Install TGA thumbnailer:

[thumbplug-tga.software.informer.com]

Now when you convert TEXs to TGAs with Slimtex or whatever you'll be able to preview them in Windoze Explorer (just like you can by default with a bmp or a jpg etc). This is useful in its own right as it's something XP couldn't do originally (not sure about later versions).

Click here for screenshot

That's as far as I go, but:

By doing this you will also be creating miniatures of the files in thumbs.db (which is smaller and therefore easier to store than 1000's of TGAs). So, if you want to take this to the next level:

2. Install Thumbcache Viewer or Thumbsviewer:

[thumbcacheviewer.github.io]
or
[thumbsviewer.github.io]

The latter says it can export the thumbnails and file names to a database. I've never tried it, but it might be the closest you can get to what you want.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2021 10:48AM by Noog.
Date: November 14, 2021 07:49AM
Thanks Sylvain, but it doesnt seams to work in .NET it just doesnt loads .tga files.
Date: November 15, 2021 12:24AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
gp4 Builder opens both .gp4 files and if you put the .tga connected to that file in the same folder, you can view it

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: November 15, 2021 09:32AM
SkaaningeN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gp4 Builder opens both .gp4 files and if you put
> the .tga connected to that file in the same
> folder, you can view it

Exactly SkaannigeN, this was my idea: make database by opening the gp4 and that's whit gp4builder in the database program. But it doesn't work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy