Patch / Tweaker Problem

Posted by Jan88666 
Patch / Tweaker Problem
Date: October 28, 2021 11:25AM
Posted by: Jan88666
Hi,
I have had a strange problem with the Tweaker or the GPxPatch for two days, I don't know what it is.

Following problem.

I once increased the training time to 8 hours. Now I only have 1 AI car with me during training, if I turn the time down to 4 hours it will be 2. If I only let the AI ​​drive, it would be only one car and, at 4 hours, two AI cars.

I have not changed anything in the PGPxPatch, there it is set so that all cars drive at the same time. Whatever worked so far.

With 2 hours of "normal" training time, all vehicles are on the road again at the same time.

What is also strange is that the amount of fuel always remains at 4 liters, although 30 liters of fuel should be in it during training.

Is that now due to the GPx or the Tweaker? (Only the tire position was set in the tweaker).

Where does GPx save the "overwritten" file, maybe. is there the mistake?
Re: Patch / Tweaker Problem
Date: October 28, 2021 08:03PM
Okay, the Qualifyingmodus is strage and not as I get show via the GpXpatch
Date: October 29, 2021 11:06AM
The GpXpatch does not accept any more changes, what could be the reason? I can change everything in terms of values ​​and start the game like for years with the patch, but it doesn't change things anymore.
Date: October 29, 2021 11:27AM
Posted by: Noog
What happens if you rename the f1gstate.sav and f1gstate.bak files to something else (or even delete them) and run the game with GPxPatch again? (The game should create a new f1gstate.sav for you)

I'm just guessing that the corrupted values are being stored in f1gstate, but I could be wrong.
Date: October 29, 2021 11:33AM
I have now removed both files from the folder. then started the game via the gpxpatch.
he has reset the driver names and the settings such as defects, race lengths and so on. but i still only have 2 cars in the 1st training and 4 cars in the 2nd training, in qualiyfing there are only 4 cars, although there are 21 cars in the patch.
Date: October 29, 2021 02:43PM
Hmm. Not sure in that case.

If you have GP4Tweak installed you should have numcars.ini in the gp4tweak_data folder, which you might want to take a look at, but I'm pretty sure that only ever affects cars on race days and has no impact on practice or qualifying sessions.

So, the only other thing I can think of is the GPxSet > Sessions settings in GPxPatch, but I'm sure you will have already looked at that.

I'm guessing that you used GP4Tweak to set the practice sessions to 8hrs - but I wondering how you did that.

On mine, I have practice sessions set to 120 mins in the game settings and when I look at tweaker's option 17 (Maximum race & laps modifier) it shows 16384. However, the slider only goes up to 30000 so if 16384 represents 120m then even 30000 would be less than 4 hours, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I'm really just guessing here, but what happens if you rename gp4tweak.ini in the game folder? If the problem goes away it might narrow things down a bit.
Date: October 29, 2021 03:19PM
I set the first training session in the tweaker to 480min, which is 8 hours. These can also be driven like this, just always with the one AI car.

Yes in the patch I set everything correctly under the session settings.

When I rewrite the gp4tweakbin it creates a new "empty" gp4tweakbin. However, I get the message that the GPx version was not recognized.
Date: October 29, 2021 03:48PM
Jan88666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When I rewrite the gp4tweakbin it creates a new
> "empty" gp4tweakbin.

Yes. gp4tweak.dll will probably recreate itself if you rename it too.

Renaming gp4tweak.ini won't do that - but it should stop most of the tweak functions being enabled - which is why is suggested renaming it, because I don't know where your choices for where option 17 in Tweak get stored, but I'm guessing it must be in one of the ini's that gp4tweak.ini calls - so it would be useful to know if the problem really is hiding out somewhere in the GP4tweak files.

(I don't know any more about this than you however. Every time I look into GP4Tweak I seem to find something new!)
Date: October 29, 2021 03:53PM
PS: If you close GP4Tweak first and then run GPxPatch I don't think you'll get that 'not recognised' error.
Date: October 29, 2021 04:12PM
Yes. true, when I close the tweaker, the error message does not come and the game starts, the tire positions are also reset, so the tweaker specifications are missing. however, there is still only one car left.
Date: October 29, 2021 05:02PM
Then I'm out of ideas my friend. It seems like it SHOULD be tweak that's causing the problem, but if it's still doing it when gp4tweaker.ini isn't even being called, I've no idea what to try next really.

It's a total shot in the dark, but what happens if you tell tweak to use the default settings for option 17?

Or alternatively, what happens if you disable gp4tweaker.ini again and then tell the game itself to use, say, 60mins for the session. Maybe that will re-seed the values, if you exit the game and save changes. It just 'feels' like the game has some corrupted values in its configuration somewhere and maybe that will flush them out.
Date: October 29, 2021 05:22PM
It gets more and more weird when I "Reset" the tweaker, it takes the values ​​15min and 23 laps in the 1st free practice. If I confirm that, I only have one car in the game and 8 hours of driving time in the first training session, o.O.
Date: October 29, 2021 05:29PM
Sometimes it's best to give up!

I think if I were in your shoes I'd rebuild the mod and set it up with the 2hr practice session max that the game 'expects'. Then, maybe make a copy and try the 8hr setting again with that. At the very least you'd be able to see which file changes when you adjust the practice length.
Date: October 29, 2021 05:37PM
in which file / folder does the gpx patch save? Maybe I'll just delete the files.
Date: October 29, 2021 05:53PM
GPxPatch options are saved in the gpxpdata folder, but only gpxset.ini would be relevant I think, in the [misc] section. You should have a line like FreePracticeCars=22
Date: October 29, 2021 06:07PM
Okay, i trie it.

Yes, 21 cars in every session.

but nothing can be changed here either
Date: October 29, 2021 06:24PM
The old:
[CommandLine]
SeasonSet=
[Misc]
DisableProgressBar=0
TeamPower=0
skya=skya
tarmac=tarmacmap.bmp
QuickraceLength=5
Weather=1
RainChance=0
FreePracticeCars=22
ConsecutiveCars=21
FuelLaps=20
TeamPowerType=3
[PerfManager]
Enable=0
Path=
[PhysicsManager]
Enable=0
Path=
TorquePath=
[Random]
Type=0
Seed=
Session=0
[FriPrac]
UseQualMenu=0
ConsecutiveCars=21
FuelLaps=30
Laps=500
[FreePrac]
ConsecutiveCars=21
FuelLaps=30
[SatPrac]
ConsecutiveCars=21
FuelLaps=10
Laps=99
[SatQual]
ConsecutiveCars=21
FuelLaps=5
Laps=25
[Warmup]
ConsecutiveCars=21
FuelLaps=10
[CarshapeManager]
Enable=0
Carshape=

and after i take it out, here the new.

[CommandLine]
SeasonSet=
[Misc]
DisableProgressBar=0
TeamPower=0
TeamPowerType=3
skya=skya
tarmac=tarmacmap.bmp
[PerfManager]
Enable=0
Path=
[PhysicsManager]
Enable=0
Path=
TorquePath=

nothing changed in game
Date: October 29, 2021 07:16PM
Seriously dude, I'd get used to 2hr practice sessions if I were you. Sometimes it's just not worth the headache.

Sorry I wasn't able to help, but I think we had a decent crack at it!
Date: October 29, 2021 07:18PM
yes i think i have to come to terms with it, or take it all over again, but endurance races were always a nice thing
Date: October 30, 2021 06:16PM
without having changed anything from yesterday, yesterday there are now in every session except the race only me and one AI vehicle .... :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy