please tell me you guys arn't still bothering with gp4! F1C rules

Posted by BYF 
I must admit, if F12002 and F1C had the graphical power of GP4, it would be the best.

GP4 has very very poor physics... i mean, taking eau rouge and 130R flat out without any shakes or lack of grip is a bit silly... but If you had it all in one game there would be no room for competition or improvement

Its all good fun! :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
Both (GP4 & F1CC) are good games in different respects.
I like F1CC's new physics because of the driving sensation and how it keeps you on your toes. However, I feel it is only good for hotlapping.
The racing experience is not as good as it is in GP4. This what makes GP4 rock! The possibility of locking individual wheels in F1 CC is a mere indication of how realistic the physics are which is more than what I can say about EA's rather bad attempt in F12002. The lighting and textures used in this game further add to the incredible realism.
For replays, you can't beat the TV effect that you get with GP4 - I can often find myself glued to the monitor just watching with intent, the beautiful F1 cars as they fly around the tracks. (Thanks to the great car painters and modellers)
The sound in F1CC is far better but only nearly close to the real thing. I should know cos I've been to a grand prix and the sounds emanating from those cars are so high pitched that you can easily be deafened by being too close.
If you have both games like I do and have taken a greater appreciation of one, don't just throw the other away. Do what I do and keep both on your hard drives in order to gain the most by playing both.
Remember you flamers, they are only games after all! You might like to speculate on which is the most realistic but that's what it is! - Just speculation because have you ever been in an F1 car let alone drive one.

Did anyone see Schuey in the all stars charity football match last week? He's actually not bad and played the full ninety minutes!
So being the busy man that I am, should i bother buying F1C??

Yeah I saw Schuey in the game, hit the post!! He's alright, but he's got no power on the shot tho. Ronaldos goal tho was the best.
I got F1C today,it's better than F12002 but FAR from GP4.
The sounds are not as good as people say.The graphics,average.
I will play F1C only to play LAN with my girl friend!
Other than that it's GP4 baby!THe ULTIMATE F1 sim. to date.
With all the GREAT mods out there we can make an awesome game out of it.
And now we have a new sound editor(thanks Lok2).Wait for the great sound mods to come.
the only good thing about F1C is that the Cars have their own steering wheels i think, plus there aren't alot of ppl modding compared to gp4, we have ppl like Viper who make mind blowing cars.

Andrew. Australia.
The cars in F1C all have individual steering wheels and sounds, the graphics are very good, yes GP4 is better graphics but most people i know cant even run GP4 on their PC...

I think for value and realism, F1C wins, but if you have a £200 graphics card then GP4 wins, but only by graphics!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Fernando Alonso - The only Spanian to win a Grand Prix.
Fernando Alonso - The Youngest Driver to win a Grand Prix.
go_go_alonso #

It was my brother Morbid came up with the point I will mention below.

Why is the car shaking or losing grip at Eau Rouge? Certainly not because of too little aerodynamics. A car that could go under the roof of tunnel can certainly go through Eau Rouge like on rails. What makes the car unstable are g-forces pulling at the driver/car. Imagine a driver's arm weighs about 20kg - in Eau Rouge it would be easily 60-80kg due to g-forces. Now, lie on the floor, take a plate into your hands (pretend it was a steering wheel) and attach an 80kg weight to your arm. See how long you can keep your arms in a postion you'd need to steer straight ahead.

The problem is that no game can simulate g-forces (EA games pretend they do, but it is all fake g-forces). No game/steering device can slam 80kg at your arms - and I think nobody would like this anyway. If it could, EA games would be clearly undrivable (physics + fake g-forces + real g-forces is too much)

Physics wise (the way the car interacts with its environment) GP4 offers by far the best driving model.

Post Edited (07-06-03 11:18)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
can i just say one IMPORTANT thing:

all these people that say GP4 physics are no good etc. do you play the game on ACE with NO driver aids??

if not - then you cant say the physics are crap.

try going thru EOU ROUGE with having to accelerate yourself, change gear yourself, steer with NO steering help whatsoever, and you will find it a lot more challenging!

if you dont play it like this, then what you are saying is total nonsense.

turn all the driver aids off, ps: you need a wheel and pedals, then tell me what you think

BYF, why do you keep ignoring the bit about Iceman Kimi, and fcarmoracing, who both have had single seater experience, fabio being a current formula renault driver?

They have agreed that GP4 has physics closer to the type experienced in real single-seater racing.

Fair enough F1 C may be more fun, in oyur opinion, but we have proper racers confirming that GP4's physics are more realistic.

And why start a thread like this one anyway?

Baz

They have agreed that GP4 has physics closer to the type experienced in real single-seater racing.

I'm not sure if it was Iceman Kimi or fcarmoracing but someone who had single seater experience said on this forum that GP3 physics felt more real than GP4.

I know that many of you disagree with this but if it wasnt either of those mentioned and it was someone else (with single seater experience) who said this, than the argument of better physics is not valid unless you have driven an F1 car yourself.

Post Edited (07-07-03 12:32)

because F1 2kx/cs tends for some reason to attract these type of people who are keen to knock every other game, they see, i recon its just because they know how good the other game is, and how much of a run for its money gp4 gives F1C or vice verse

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
because F1 2kx/cs tends for some reason to attract these type of people who are keen to knock every other game, they see, i recon its just because they know how good the other game is, and how much of a run for its money gp4 gives F1C or vice verse

i knock it because after every single EA game the EA fans change there mind and say the new physics are more realistc, even if they are totally different like in f1c

They change there tune every game, like Vader said

also cos of the mega biast reviews over at simbin and the bugs too

going by the titel its just an invitation to a flame war, as soon as it gets near it im deleting it

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
BYF, if you think, that F1C rules go to EA forum and don't come back to our forum to say F1C is the best, and that GP4 sucks. This is GP4 forum it always was and it will always be.

GP4 have bugs, but I am happy with it as many other people here. I tryed F1 2002 and it was bad, realy bad.

I saw screenshots from F1C with double wing wiliams and with wiliams with rear wing without parts. And the tracks totaly sucks (my opinion).

com'on.. the game is good! i like it..!

-----------------------------
Virtual-Games.com: [www.virtual-games.com]
Virtual-Games.com Racing Team: [racing.virtual-games.com]

Do you think that GP4 sucks?

com'on.. the game is good! i like it..!

yes, it is good game but not so good F1 sim...

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
having now played f1challenge, i can still say gp4 handles better.

in a race car, if you take a fast corner to fast, the front tyres will scrub out wide as they do in gp4. in f1c, all it seemed to do was kick sideways and spin like a top.

the only winged single seaters i have driven are a formula palmer audi and a formula vauxhall lotus which puts me in no position to commont on a modern f1 car but with my experience, i prefer gp4 for the feeling of driving a race car.

Nascar racing 2003 also rules in that respect, as does gpl.

but the sound in f1c........................... wow!!!!!!!!

nuff said

Iceman

ellis, i was talking of the f1 200x fans, not gp4, we dont see the need to go over to there forums, and blast there games, but they see the need to do that in ours like they are some superior being

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
I also bought F1C and thought it is great and real. But now I'm back to the artwork of GP4. The handling in F1C is closer to GP4 (it's funny isn't it? EA came closer to GPx and all the EA followers now claim it's even more real...) but still not GP4. I also would fire my engineers if my F1 car would drive as the cars in F1C. Nobody drags me away from GP4!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy