please tell me you guys arn't still bothering with gp4! F1C rules

Posted by BYF 
BYF you are right, none of guys play GP4, why would you think that?

BYF said:
high downforce wheels???
hahaha u must be kidding!! who in the earth said that???
now seriously, i mean wings...

@ BYF

No, I have never driven a 1999-2003 F1 car. Still we have two people in here who have experience with single seaters.

Iceman Kimi and fcarmoracing (Fabio do Carmo). Fabio is a Formula Renault pilot and even if this is not F1 he should know how single seaters behave.

If they say Gp4 feels like the real thing (physics wise) and EA games suck in this respect, I will certainly have greater trust in their judgement as in what these plonkers at other forums say (especially morons who name themselves after philosophers)

@ jawwad01

In my opnion Gp4 is the best.

Post Edited (07-05-03 10:45)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Jenson Button said the F1 2002 physics were lacking "The car understeers so you turn in to compensate and it oversteers" and i find the same thing in F1 2002 and F1C how is that realistic?
BYF,

gp4 physics does not have too much high speed grip, they modelled the physics with the help of the Arrows F1 team, so i dont think they would get it overly wrong!

thats where an F1 car is so impressive - high speed grip and downforce.

Another point is the strange line of argumentation EA fans take.

First they said GP4 felt like driving on rails and F1 2002 was the real thing. When we complained about the lack of grip and said F1 2002 felt like driving on ice, they said we had no idea about how difficult modern F1 cars are to drive.

Now F1C is out and guess what people say:

One of the biggest differences is the amount of road feel you get from F1C, I have no idea how they have done it, but F12002 feels like driving on glass in comparison. I don

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Ehmn and before i forget.

Why do we discuss which game is better?

We are gp4 fans - we know why or?

You are a f1 200x fan - you know why

There are advantages for each of the game and each game has his negativ sites.

Think we all remember the discussion after f12002 was released. There where (or were ??? ;) ) many people who said that ea`s game is much better. But they never played a game made by geoff.

Most time - people who start such discussions - are too young to understand what i mean.

So stop this discussion - or do you think we can find a satisfied result for both partie`s?

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
I got a brilliant idea, let's play all racegames we can lay our hands on and not bother about which is best. Best is what you enjoy most and thus will play the most. Everyone has different taste so why bother comparing them...... if you want to try something different try the GTR mod for F1 2002 that totally kicks ass! Or try GeneRally that kicks ass too. Two different games who i enjoy much (besides GP4). But i always come back to GP4 dunno why ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
just as a finishing note i hated f12002 !

F1C feels like a different game with a great new physics engine! and thats coming from an avid GPL and nascar 2003 fan.

and jginete you said "they have wheels, high downforce wheels"

I can see where you have edited your post!

and what someone said about getting a 1.15 at magny cours in gp4 and 1.20 at in F1C is exactly what i mean! its too easy to do realistic times in gp4!

and the high speed grip is far too much!! just drive eau rouge or 130R and i bet you can do it flat out even with no wing! I don't care if arrows helped to the physics, they have obviously been tweaked to aid gameplay or arrows got there sums wrong.

I agree with the previous post! play as many racing sims as possible and make up your minds! but don't dissmiss F1C coz you think its an update of f12002! its not! you may be pleasantly suprised. Also I played an 8 car online race last night on a 56k and my friend was in a 22 car full grid race online! awesome.

I think my GPL playing will now take a hit due to F1C!

Post Edited (07-05-03 12:17)
dumm dee dumm
i'm here for the spam ;)

Just bought F12002 because it have so many good mods...

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
@ BYF: You are wrong - the physics are not improved. They simple changed the car physics - car handling.

You can read this on much "insider" forums. Many people found this out and they said its very easy to update old f12002 setups in f1c.

And thats what i meant.

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Only bye F12002 or F1C to play the absolutlley briliant mods beeing made for free for everybody to download. Can't wait for GTR2003 althoug it might not be free anymore, but thats alright i'm happy to pay for such a good product.

And as for comparisons off games don't do it, Why do it, don't see the point. Who cares which is better, like stated earlier everyone likes a certain game for a "personal" reason.

And Physhics can be altert as you all now.

So all be quiet and get back to Racing or Editing\Modeling :)

Post Edited (07-05-03 15:31)

Peter Visscher
EX Driver Team Racebase

petervisscher@grandprixgamer.com
gp4-visscher@gptc-racebase.net
p.visscher@planet.nl
You are wrong BYF .
Ea F1 are best for rally mod.

shhhhhhhh children, cant u see sim is trying to consentrate on that pic over there ----------->

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
pic? where? where?

Well I have had GPL since the very first day it came out... :)
Still love it.

I have had GP4 since the day it came out... :)
Still love it.

I have had F12002 since the day it came out... :)
The physics engine is great for the Sport car mods.

I will try F1C when they get the sports car mods to fit it :)

GPL awesome for 1960's racing.
GP4 awesome for modern racing.
F1-2002 awesome for Sports car addons.
F1C have yet to try...

Simon :)
MAX DOWNFORCE !!!!!!!!! YOU STOLE ME BUNNY SIG !!! >:-(

AMD Athlon 64 3200 - Asus K8VSE Deluxe Motherboard - Antec TruePower 550W PSU - Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu Ultra-Quiet CPU Cooler - GeIL 1GB PC3200 Golden Dragon CAS2 - Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI - Western Digital Caviar 120GB Special Edition 8MB Cache Serial ATA - Samsung SC-152AEBB 52x CD-ROM - NEC ND2500A 8x DVD±R/±RW - OcUK Floppy Drive - Windows XP Pro - Chenbro Gaming Bomb with Side Window - Samsung Samtron 76E 17" CRT Monitor
"shhhhhhhh children, cant u see sim is trying to consentrate on that pic over there ----------->"

u mean my poster of avril on the wall :o :D

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy