1991 mod AI to slow

Posted by Roadwarrior 
Re: 1991 mod AI to slow
Date: January 09, 2024 12:39AM
Posted by: landex
Try this files and replace for melbourne in the original gp4 to see if it works and how it works.

phoenix91.rar
Date: January 09, 2024 08:16PM
Posted by: NicoMinardi
I tried everything you said. Only the fixed dats are loading - on paper everything is right - except that I am driving a Minardi 2 seconds faster than Senna in the McLaren. The dat above was supposed to weaken the players car and give it less grip. There is nothing like that. My grip is exactly the same as before and my top speed is the same as the McLarens top speed too...

I loved this game, but this seems completely hopeless.
Date: January 09, 2024 09:04PM
Interestingly enough, I just tried Brazil (2nd race of 1991) and despite the fact that I know the track very well, I end up exactly where I should be there with the Minardi. Car slides a lot more and has less power compared to other cars. I dont understand why its ignored at the PHOENIX race and why I cant fix it? In Phoenix my car is glued to the ground and too powerful.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2024 09:21PM by NicoMinardi.
Date: January 09, 2024 11:15PM
Landex, I solved it! I dont know for sure what did the trick though. I am commenting in case it helps others in the future.

1.) I had a mod folder in my GP4 directory, which also held all performance files. But the CSM mod pointed to the performance files in GPX folder. I changed it to the mod folder.

2.) I downloaded the performance update for the 1991 mod by Rot Teufel.

Which one of the two fixed it in the end I dont know. But I am sooo happy it works now, I am several seconds slower now :)

Thank you for all your patience and help Landex.
Date: January 10, 2024 01:11AM
Posted by: landex
Iam glad to help. Nico.
Sometimes the CSM makes strange things that I don't know too.
That's why I do my tests in GP4 alone. It takes more time but it's secure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy