1995 CSM Mod 2.21 crash problem [GPx Error Log]

Posted by ballinham17 
1995 CSM Mod 2.21 crash problem [GPx Error Log]
Date: August 12, 2021 04:13PM
Posted by: ballinham17
Hi guys, I hope you can help me out. I'm playing GP4 with the 1995 mod, but every time I pause the game, or I try to change the setup and I want to get back to the track, the game crashes.
I tried to follow the first suggestion on this guide but to no avail, as the game crashed while I was doing a benchmark test.

I also have the log of the crash, if it can help anybody to sort out this issue: [pastebin.com]

I hope that some of you can help me out with this annoying issue, thanks in advance :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2021 09:10PM by mortal.
Re: 1995 CSM Mod 2.21 crash problem
Date: August 12, 2021 09:09PM
Posted by: mortal
First you should eliminate that it is indeed the fault of the mod by replicating the steps in a different mod.
After a quick look at your error log I note a listing for a Benneton.tga and numerous entries for tyres which I think should not be there. Running a benchmark stress test on a pc with GP4 in memory probably wasn't a good idea anyway and that could have caused the forced exit as well. Also be aware that reports of a forced exit after enter/exit setup are not knew and a known problem with some mods afaik.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 13, 2021 12:08PM
I will try to do the same thing with another mod, the issue happens also when I pause a session and then try to come back to the race. Yes, I've read that the crash after setup changes happens with other mods as well. I've also read in another topic that there was issues with the Benetton files, but I've never read anything about tyre files
Date: August 13, 2021 02:34PM
I tried with the 1993 mod, and it works just fine, I went into the pause menu and back into the race several times and it never crashed. I can try with another mod but I'm pretty sure it's a problem solely related to the 1995 mod.
Date: August 13, 2021 05:01PM
Posted by: gap177
If I remember correctly, there is an issue with a seatbelt texture for either the Benetton or the Jordan. There is a problem with the hi-res texture, just try replacing the hi-res version with the medium res texture. That should fix the issue. I can't remember if there were any other issues with the 95 mod. There should be a thread here regarding this exact issue. Hopefully, this will get you started on fixing your issue.

Glenn
Re: 1995 CSM Mod 2.21 crash problem [GPx Error Log]
Date: August 15, 2021 10:12PM
Posted by: Foreverk
Try replacing the hi_benetton_1.tex with this one hi_benetton_1.tex the original one was bad if I remember correctly
Do I have to replace every single hi_benetton_1.tex file in the Benetton folder?
I have replaced the file in the folder, but it still keeps crashing
Date: August 29, 2021 08:57PM
same error?
Date: August 29, 2021 09:17PM
Foreverk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> same error?

My bad, the buggy texture (bad compression if I remember correctly) to replace is hi_seatbelt.tex in the folder \Data\Cars\Shared\Hi\
Try replacing your hi_seatbelt.tex with this file hi_seatbelt.tex, it should work
Foreverk Wrote:
> Foreverk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > same error?
>
> My bad, the buggy texture (bad compression if I
> remember correctly) to replace is hi_seatbelt.tex
> in the folder \Data\Cars\Shared\Hi\
> Try replacing your hi_seatbelt.tex with this file
> hi_seatbelt.tex, it should work

I replaced it, and it worked fine for a bit, the I tried to pause the game and it crashed. Here's the .log.
Date: March 11, 2022 01:39PM
Posted by: Hinyaldee
ballinham17 Wrote:
> Foreverk Wrote:
> -----
> > Foreverk Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > same error?
> >
> > My bad, the buggy texture (bad compression if I
> > remember correctly) to replace is
> hi_seatbelt.tex
> > in the folder \Data\Cars\Shared\Hi\
> > Try replacing your hi_seatbelt.tex with this
> file
> > hi_seatbelt.tex, it should work
>
>
> I replaced it, and it worked fine for a bit, the I
> tried to pause the game and it crashed. Here's the
> .log.

Hello, have you managed to fix the issue in the end ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy