installing cars manually

Posted by Pont 
installing cars manually
Date: June 25, 2021 02:24PM
Posted by: Pont
something strange happens....i installed the redbull cars manually in my cars.wad. i renamed the car_redbull_car1_lod_0.gp4 and the other one for car2 into car_jaguar_car1_lod_0.gp4 etc ....and both units appear with the correct redbull shape in my game...however also one jordan car turns into a red bull while i have installed the aston martin there (under jordan shape)?? How is this possible?
Re: installing cars manually
Date: June 25, 2021 02:33PM
Posted by: fongu
When GP4 does not find the correct car, then it will default to the car in slot 1, which in your case is one of the red bull cars that's been installed. It depends on how you are managing your team names, it's been a while since I've done it manually.

Date: June 25, 2021 02:39PM
Posted by: mralpha
You must have five 3D models for each car: car_redbull_car1_lod_0.gp4, lod_1, lod_2, lod_3 and lod_4. It happened to me that by copying the same file and renaming it, I did not get a satisfactory result. It is better to open the auto file with a 3D editor (like GP4 Builder it seems to me. I used another one but I don't remember the name) and save it from time to time by changing the name.
Date: June 25, 2021 02:43PM
Ok. I thought one file per car would be enough so i deleted file 1,2 and 3.
Date: June 25, 2021 04:24PM
i tried it again...

i installed the redbull manually in jaguar slot and this is ok.
max verstappen - i see the correct shape
segrio perez - i see the correct shape

i installed the aston martin in Jordan slot..and this happens.
vettel - i see the correct aston martin shape
stroll - i see again the redbull shape?? how is this possible??
Date: June 26, 2021 12:14AM
Posted by: Noog
fongu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When GP4 does not find the correct car, then it
> will default to the car in slot 1...

Top tip. Something new to learn every day.

I had exactly this problem earlier and came across your post at almost the exact same time! Thanks.
Date: June 26, 2021 12:38PM
Posted by: mralpha
Each 3D model of car is assigned the relative textures. In GP4 Builder, if I'm not mistaken (I'm doing it by heart) there should be the "TEX" button that opens the window that shows you the name of the various textures files secured to that 3D model. You should check this too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy