Grand Prix 1938 CSM (Beta Released)

Posted by livejackass 
Grand Prix 1938 CSM (Beta Released)
Date: May 20, 2021 05:35PM
Posted by: livejackass
Have fun.

---------

Hello friends!

I begin a new saga here for my humble contribution to the community. I'm finishing the MOD GRANDPRIX 1938 CSM :)

Some details are still missing, mainly involving texture bugs that I hope to solve. But here's a preview of how it's getting. Many of you already know it, but I added some details like visors(wip) and cockpits(for now only from Auto Union, but I will do the other models). That's it for now, soon I will bring news :)

I already take the opportunity to request the proper authorizations from Meteoro and Ovalozul for the use of the tires.

Any authorization that is necessary in addition to these, I would like you to guide me to launch the Mod without causing problems. :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2021 12:11AM by livejackass.
Re: Grand Prix 1938 CSM (WIP)
Date: May 20, 2021 06:27PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
That's old school racing. :)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 20, 2021 08:39PM
Posted by: viking75
One or two years ago I already downloaded your 1938 mod and the others and it's really nice ! Now, it's cool you're going to add details to create a whole mod. Thx !!!
Date: May 21, 2021 01:20PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Looks very cool indeed (Y)

Date: May 21, 2021 01:32PM
Posted by: mortal
Take my upvote :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 21, 2021 05:27PM
Posted by: JRAJ1999
I still must be immature, I chucked when I saw the name "Richard Semen", I'm sorry. ;)

Great work, I love these classic mods.
Date: May 21, 2021 06:34PM
Posted by: drafi5
Looking forward to it, please correct this name
Manfred von Brauchitsch.

Kind regards
Helmut.

Date: May 22, 2021 12:17AM
Thanks for the comments, I will correct the names before launching.

I worked a little more today and gradually it gets better.

But you know, there are a lot of details. :-[
Date: May 22, 2021 01:53AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
JRAJ1999 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still must be immature, I chucked when I saw the
> name "Richard Semen", I'm sorry. ;)
>
> Great work, I love these classic mods.

Nothing wrong with a dirty mind.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 23, 2021 07:57AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Very nice!

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: June 01, 2021 06:07AM
Hello Guys!

I have a problem and would love any help. I'm trying my best to fix the Auto Union texture, it looks totally good, but in the game there's nothing I can do to stop the texture from corrupting at some points on the track. That's what happens.

I have already redone the conversion process (rfactor-gp4) a few dozen times and this error remains. The strange thing is that on Zmodeler and GP4Builder it looks perfect.

I'm leaving these settings in Zmodeler, this part has only 1 texture(material).

In GP4BUilder it also has only 1 texture in this part, as I said it loads perfectly, but when walking around the track, in some parts it looks like the image above. This shape is weird because it's just a test, I don't worry about aligning everything anymore until the texture works well.

I also tried to convert the piece using Blender, check the mapping and everything looks normal. I don't really understand what's going on.

Well guys, if you have something to help me with this problem, I appreciate it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2021 07:04AM by livejackass.
Date: June 01, 2021 11:52AM
Posted by: fongu
does it flash between correct and incorrect textures? if that's the case, check the mapping in zmodeler - it's likely the wire is not within the texture.

If it's constantly wrong in-game, then check the conversion to Tex, sometimes that happens when the dimensions are wrong in the conversion process.

Date: June 01, 2021 12:19PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Another work of art being built for the benefit of lovers of the eternal GP4.
Date: June 01, 2021 01:35PM
Hello Fongu, friend thanks for your attention. The Case is exactly the first, it "blinks" between correct and incorrect. I'll follow your advice and come back here to tell you if it's all right.
Date: June 01, 2021 03:42PM
video: [www.youtube.com]

Dear friends, I checked the mapping also by Zmodeler1 and 2 and everything looks fine. I made this video to notice what the problem is. As I said, any help is welcome, but I keep trying :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2021 03:43PM by livejackass.
Date: June 01, 2021 06:02PM
Posted by: ricboca
Hello, If it blinks between ok and no ok in the game it means that the texture is not on the mesh, just as Fongu mention. One way to easily confirm this is to open the file and check the UV mapping coordinates, they always need to be between 0.000 - 1.000, otherwise the texture is not on the mesh and will appear blinking (this happens sometimes during conversion process, values can be either negative or above 1.000).
This can be easily fixed by using Zmodeller or GP4 editor (I am not an expert modeller, so I have more experience with GP4 editor, just select the object>advanced mapping, and move the entire texture +/- integer number you need to get the UV mapping coordinates between 0.000-1-000).

May sound complicate, but once you get it right once, it is easy to do afterwards. You need to do this excercise for every object.

Hope it helps, Cheers!
Date: June 01, 2021 06:10PM
I really appreciate the tip! I'll try it, I haven't tried it yet :)
Date: June 02, 2021 02:35PM
Posted by: Jarno_Trulli
Did you try also by assigning the original GP4 names to car objects?
This also correct the problems of artifacts when car is damaged in a collision.
Date: June 02, 2021 03:00PM
Hello friends, well I already did this procedure Jarno. I also tried the tips from my colleagues but it wasn't very successful. I removed all the materials from the car, reviewed it by Zmodeler, and also by GP4Builder. But the car keeps blinking like a Christmas tree. Anyway, I'll have time over the next few days' holiday to try something. I really appreciate all the help so far, anyway I've learned a lot.
Date: June 03, 2021 12:00AM
Posted by: ricboca
Try to invert normals, I did make some conversions before were normals were inverted, and had a similar effect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy