using Jvinu's helmet shapes (solved)

Posted by neilcaine 
using Jvinu's helmet shapes (solved)
Date: May 12, 2021 07:46PM
Posted by: neilcaine
Hi

I'm hoping someone can tell me where I'm going wrong with using the jvinu Arai GP6 v3a helmet shape

For years I've used the older Arai gp5 RC 2008 helmet shape with the driver1 and driver2 textures and I've had no issues at all - I don't use any mods

I decided to try the newer GP6 shape which has the driver 1 and 2 textures along with a glass texture- so I could use the new helmet designs without editing them for the older GP5 shape

I renamed the GP6 version I wanted to use to car_helmet_00.gp4, updated my cars wad and added the first driver only textures (1, 2 and glass) as a test to see how that worked - and it didn't

The livery I used (vettel) appeared very briefly from a distance ( in tv camera mode) but then the textures just looked like a jumbled shiny mess as if the textures were not working with the shape

I only use lod 0 so I thought that would work on this shape as well - but maybe not

Am I missing a step with the installation? It might be something obvious I'm doing wrong so I'm hoping someone can help

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2021 08:18PM by neilcaine.
Re: using Jvinu's helmet shapes
Date: May 12, 2021 07:52PM
Posted by: fongu
Have you got a screenshot of your problem?

Date: May 12, 2021 08:59PM
Hi

thanks for replying Kev

I was just about to load up the game with the helmet shape included to get some screen shots when I remembered one last possibility -so I had a look at the helmet in gp4builder. Straight away I noticed the textures were flipped and after I flipped them vertically in photoshop, the textures showed up fine in game - the problem is solved - schoolboy error which I hadn't thought about at first!
Date: May 13, 2021 05:09PM
Posted by: Excalibur
@Neilcaine: Editing the title of your thread with the [solved] mention could help people who encounters the same issue than yours and who are looking for a solution.... just a suggestion, tho! ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: using Jvinu's helmet shapes (solved)
Date: May 13, 2021 08:20PM
That's done

Thanks for the suggestion Arnaud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy