Posted by simonparker 
gpx error: Could not detect gpx version. [Solved]
Date: November 07, 2020 10:54AM
Posted by: simonparker
I have been playing this game for 6 months

And then all of a sudden out of the blue

I get this message when I try to start the game

‘Could not detect gpx version.

Make sure to select the correct executable in the “gpxpatch” tab and to launch gpxpatch from within the main go x directory’

Any idea what has happened and what I need to do to get the game working?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2020 06:09PM by mortal.
Re: Some help please
Date: November 07, 2020 03:48PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
You are clicking on gpx patch but you do not have a gp4.exe file in the directory, or in the drop down menu, it is pointing to some other gp4.exe, perhaps that you have renamed?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: November 07, 2020 03:56PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hi!

1- Be sure that GpxPatch.exe is located into your main Grand Prix 4 folder.
2- Launch GpxPatch.exe from this folder and look at the main GpxPatch tab : Startup/ Gpx Executable: gp4.exe must be selected.

If you can't solve it, I suggest you to uninstall GpxPatch and to reinstall it again with the last version: [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]

Suggestion: If you want a better or quick help, I suggest you to edit the title of your thread to precise your problem, like: " GPxPatch error at launch" or something related.
And don't forget to edit your title with the mention [ solved] when your problem is fixed to help people who could encounter the same problem than you. ... Just an advice, though :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: November 07, 2020 03:59PM
Posted by: simonparker
It’s strange. The gp4.exe had just gone and I hadn’t touched a thing. I guess I am going to have reload
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy